Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22 month old waking 5am for the past week

• 25-07-2011 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28

my LO is 22 months old, usually sleeps 7pm - 6.30 / 7am and 2 hour nap during the day. However for the last week she has been waking screaming crying at 5am, won't calm down until I go downstairs with her. She won't come into my room / bed and just wants downstairs. I've tried putting her to bed an hour later but it hasn't made a difference. I've upped her food intake too but no change on the waking hour.

Do you think it's time to cut back on the nap during the day? She never stops, running around all day and is wrecked by 7pm and eats well.

Any ideas on how to stop her waking so early? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Worth a try on cutting back the nap... also, how is her room? Has it got a black out blind? Could it be the brightness waking her at the hour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 emmeim

I think I'll ahve to try and cut back on the nap. I've hard of toddlers cutting out the nap totally around this stage but hopefully she won't be that bad! She loves her sleep! Her room has the blackout blinds and it's very dark so I really don't think it's that that is waking her. It's more worrying that she's waking up screaming crying, whereas before she's just wake up at her usual time (7am approx) and would chat away to herself or just cry but with a whimper.

Ah it's so hard to know what's wrong with her!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Is she teething?? could be a back tooth coming up ?? This happened ben for a few weeks too it was half 4 on the button he'd wake up.. discovered he ahd 2 back teeth coming up. He's great now.. i keep an eye on the signs before bed..biting his hand (or his sisters) and generally a bit whingy i give him some nurofen and he's gone for the night.. He's almost 19 month and will sleep about an hour a day and sometimes not at all ... depending what time he gets up.. lazy boy didn't wake til 9.45am this morning:D
    good luck with it

Advertisement