Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polar S610i HRM Strap broken

Options
  • 25-07-2011 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

I've a Polar S610i Heart Rate Monitor and the wrist-strap has broken - anyone know where I'll get a replacement for a reasonable fee?

Been finding that Polar and "reasonable fee" can be mutually exclusive items!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭gottarun

The biggest cost of repairs with Polar is the postage. They only send by registered international mail so you are £7-8 down with the charge.

I find the service is well worth the money though and have had several battery replacements and strap repairs done. They will check the watch when doing the replacement, if you get the battery done at the same time, it'll save a few bob in the future and recert the waterproofing of the unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

Thanks for the input - made contact and they're quoting me ~€15/16 for a strap replacement ....... looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭gottarun

Do the battery too, watch will be like new for 2 years (give or take) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

gottarun - many thanks for your note ......... watch received back from Polar last week. Really great service and cost was very good.
    Gotta say that Polar have gotten their act together wrt service and support ---- isn't it amazing what some competition can do to sharpen you up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marathonm@n

I have the polar rs400. I have it 5 years now. last year I found the calibration was faulty. I sent it away and they sent it back FOC. It was still out and I sent it away again to them.. They completely replaced the inside of it so I got a brand new computer for nothing. No charge even for postage.
    Brilliant service and backup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement