Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving house

Options
  • 25-07-2011 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi I am moving from my rented house on Spet 25th to a new house.
    Would anyone be able to tell me how i go about paying the ESB until the date 25th of Sept only and also get the bill put back into my landlords name.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi catch me if you can,

When moving out, you would need to contact us with:
    • Your name and account number
    • The date you will be moving out
    • The final meter reading (How to read your meter)
    • Your forwarding address
    • The new occupant's name and phone number (or the landlord, solicitor or estate agent's name and number).
    Paying up to the 25th Sept would just involve taking a final meter reading on that day, and paying the bill that then issues (which would be your final bill). If you ring up 1850 372 372 on the day (or a day or two afterwards) with the above details, you can close your account and settle it over the phone with a laser payment. Or, if you like, just PM us here on boards and we can close the account for you and you can make the final payment online here.

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭catch me if you can

cheers dave that makes things alot clearer for me:)

No problem, happy to help. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭catch me if you can

one more quick question!
    if i put it back into the landlords name, is it then up to the landlord to phone and arrange his own direct debit details with you guys ..

Absolutely; we wouldn't set up a direct debit without a specific request from the account holder (which would be the landlord in that case).

• Advertisement
Advertisement