Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Photographer needed!

Options
  • 25-07-2011 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi Guys,

Looking for a photographer in the Wexford area to take some wedding pictures, were looking for some basic pictures of the ceremony (civil) and a few family pictures afterwards. Getting some crazy quotes at the moment for whats probably max 2 hours work. Any ideas????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

giggles83 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Looking for a photographer in the Wexford area to take some wedding pictures, were looking for some basic pictures of the ceremony (civil) and a few family pictures afterwards. Getting some crazy quotes at the moment for whats probably max 2 hours work. Any ideas????

This is your problem right here. Its not 2 hours work. It might be two hours of photography, then theres the time they need to professionally edit the photos for you, their travel time etc.

I do in the main think photographers are overpriced given the current economic conditions in this country but at least I do take a reasonable view on what in involved in thieir work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 giggles83

Hi Guys,

Didn't mean to offend any photographers out there, I realise there is a lot of work involved in touch ups e.t.c but were just looking for a disc with unedited photo's. I realise a lot of photographers don't like this idea but unfortunately we are on a very tight budget

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Giggles there would be very few pros that would give you a disc unedited. If you are on a really tight budget it might be best for you to actually contact a photographer and say look this is my budget, can you work to it, if not can you recommend someone who can.

For example, I photographed a do on Saturday night, I spent about 2 hours working on the shots on Sunday and today I have spent about 5 more hours, I am almost done, some people would say sure thats a handy number getting a few hundred for an evenings work yet I have spent 7 hours since and another 3 or 4 to go before being finished, there is cost to be accounted for also, a propertion for equipment, another for insurance, travel costs and the list goes on, all of these things have to be paid for before I can take a cent home myself but unfortunately too many people assume my work is finished when the camera is turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Well said Smelltheglove !

Giggles - you could post your request in the photo forum - there are plenty of non-professionals capable of doing what you request - but be prepared to search through loads of wanna-be photographers in order to find someone who can fit your budget and requirements.

you have been warned - there are plenty out there who claim to be photographers - just because they own a DSLR (fancy camera).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Why don't you contact the wexford camera club (no connection and not a member). Some of them might be interested if you are on a tight budget. I've seen some of their stuff on the paper and in exhibitions and they are really good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Ianmicks

Hi Giggles 83 , if you would like to privbate message me ur email i can send you some snaps from my last wedding ? Im building my portfolio and am looking for weddings just like urs with just the cd supplied. If yyou would like to see some samples and tell me a bit more about the day/place/time etc and what you would like photowise im sure i could work near to your budget.

Thanks Giggles:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 vivario

Hi giggles83 When is your wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

OP, I suggest you look in the Photography forum. However bear in mind (as others have said) that a photographer's work is never just the amount of time that they spend taking photos. There is HOURS of work involved later for processing, etc.

And I hardly think you're gonna find many pros who will just give you their raw pics unedited with you to do as you please with them, you might find an amateur or a photographer just starting off, just keep that in mind.

Good luck with the search.

Advertisement