Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dun Laoghaire Borough Darts League 2011/2012 - General Discussion

• 25-07-2011 11:39am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is a general discussion thread for the Dun Laoghaire Borough Darts League 2011/2012 season.

All scores and league tables should be posted in the results thread which will be opened closer to the start of the season with all chat posted in this one.

** MOD NOTE POST #105 - Please read

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Is this the 16 teams that will be playing Monday this season?
    1 Lough inn
    2 Tassie A
    3 Tassie B
    4 Farm Blue
    5 McDonaghs
    6 Kynes
    7 Weirs
    8 Gallops
    9 Igo Inn
    10 Mickey Byrnes
    11 BHFC
    12 Enniskerry
    13 Noggin Inn
    14 Bakers
    15 Fitzpatricks
    16 McKennas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

mackeire wrote: »
    1 Lough inn
    2 Tassie A
    3 Tassie B
    4 Farm Blue
    5 McDonaghs
    6 Kynes
    7 Weirs
    8 Gallops
    9 Igo Inn
    10 Mickey Byrnes
    11 BHFC
    12 Enniskerry
    13 Noggin Inn
    14 Bakers
    15 Fitzpatricks
    16 McKennas

theres a few rumors going around that the lough want to but back in a B side and that mickey byrnes are putting another team in and a rams monday team were mentioned aswell, we'll only know the 16 after the AGM

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HITMANHEALY

mackeire wrote: »
    1 Lough inn
    2 Tassie A
    3 Tassie B
    4 Farm Blue
    5 McDonaghs
    6 Kynes
    7 Weirs
    8 Gallops
    9 Igo Inn
    10 Mickey Byrnes
    11 BHFC
    12 Enniskerry
    13 Noggin Inn
    14 Bakers
    15 Fitzpatricks
    16 McKennas

They are all there for the coming season, also the Farm Red are out.

Thats 15 teams confirmed for sure.

Now the league will have many options on what to do next season, if it goes by rumours, bakers (sure thing), Mickey Byrnes new team as the current team back to the Lough. this would mean Mickey Byrnes and Bakers for 1 spot, if there is an additional team then we would have 18 teams in the top league.

But another option would be

With 13 teams in the Tuesday, would they not relegate the bottom team in the Monday and make that 14, then the Monday league would have 14 confirmed plus the 2 new teams.

Any ideas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

[/B]

Now the league will have many options on what to do next season, if it goes by rumours, bakers (sure thing), Mickey Byrnes new team as the current team back to the Lough. this would mean Mickey Byrnes and Bakers for 1 spot, if there is an additional team then we would have 18 teams in the top league.

18 teams would be way too many! The league drags out enough as it is with 18 teams your looking at 34 games adding on a decent cup run and your looking at 37-38 games then the singles and doubles on add another 4 weeks and thats around 42 week long season(including the xmas break and waiting for the Tuesday league to finish:p ) of darts which i think is way too long maybe others feel different I know i'd be against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭scouser22

[/B]

With 13 teams in the Tuesday, would they not relegate the bottom team in the Monday and make that 14, then the Monday league would have 14 confirmed plus the 2 new teams.

Any ideas...
    you cant just turn around and tell some team "ah your relagated now cause were going to look after some new teams" put the new teams in the tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 purses

hahaha the moaning has started already jesus grow up

scouser22 wrote: »
    you cant just turn around and tell some team "ah your relagated now cause were going to look after some new teams" put the new teams in the tuesday

Only idea, im not starting the moaning...just an idea that might happen, maybe 1 new team may have to play Tuesday Night

all i can say is wait till after the AGM then everything will be sorted and everyone will be happy for a few seconds

Double Top wrote: »
    all i can say is wait till after the AGM then everything will be sorted and everyone will be happy for a few seconds
    your my hero double top your just so wise...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

When is the AGM and around when does the new season start??

• Advertisement

i do what i can scouser, if im your hero you need to get out more :p:p:p;)
    ah you have gone from hero to zero with that come back "you need to get out more" come on lad thats a bit dated....

thats wasn't a dig mate just ment plenty of better people to be your hero out there them me ;)
    i was being sarcastic calling you my hero dt i taught you were a clever boy, but obviously not .....

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

Really looking forward to the new season, I wouldn't mind more teams in the league because personally I hate when the darts is over!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Jaysus lads, it's a new thread for a new season. let's at least try and keep the petty arguments out of it for a few pages at least!

Personally I wouldn't mind extra teams being in the league because as was already said I hate it when the league is over. I don't think it has a chance of being passed at the AGM though.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, it's a new thread for a new season. let's at least try and keep the petty arguments out of it for a few pages at least!

Personally I wouldn't mind extra teams being in the league because as was already said I hate it when the league is over. I don't think it has a chance of being passed at the AGM though.

I never mentioned the AGM that's why I put PERSONALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I never mentioned the AGM that's why I put PERSONALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Ah I know you never mentioned it. I was agreeing with you though, I wouldn't mind having the extra teams in the league but I would imagine that most people would be against it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Their is also a Tuesday league to fill too, you can't have 18 teams in one league and 13/14 in the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kwontastic

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Ah I know you never mentioned it. I was agreeing with you though, I wouldn't mind having the extra teams in the league but I would imagine that most people would be against it.
    most people would give out about it.. some already say it drags on 16 teams is grand and its handy for the cup.. after the league you have the singles doubles mckenna cup the igo 3 man and weirs compo so there plenty of darts to be involved in..... fill both leagues is what id say

do you think they'll move the singles and doubles back to after xmas or leave it were it is?

do you think they'll move the singles and doubles back to after xmas or leave it were it is?

i think the darts should start 4 weeks earlier than normal, getting the singles and doubles out of the way first, this then leaves people to enjoy there summer and go on hols if they want and not worrying about missing them, and you will get more people entering hence they are not away on holiday and they will be dying to get back after the summer break;-)

• Advertisement

Thats a decision i think the committee will make that decision, to be honest i think it worked great, didnt play in it myself.

Also as Mr.jingle said the league goes on for to long in my opinion hes correct, i know all forum players play darts throughout the year and dont want to take a break, but all sports do take breaks. Also I cant see the committee working on the league through the whole year, especially as the committee is low on numbers, if more people got involved maybe.

Good luck anyway with what decision is made

i have to say when the new teams are put into the monday no matter how good or be it bad they are they werent allowed to change surely two teams will come down two go up if two new teams join it will only evens things up.unless people are reading into the gossip going around that a very good team are looking to start up in byrnes.:eek:which will be great for the upcomming season after all the lough won everything this year and i fear people will not want that :p best of luck to them good healthy competition nothing like it see you all soon :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

i think the darts should start 4 weeks earlier than normal, getting the singles and doubles out of the way first, this then leaves people to enjoy there summer and go on hols if they want and not worrying about missing them, and you will get more people entering hence they are not away on holiday and they will be dying to get back after the summer break;-)

Having the singles and doubles at the start of the season would be a disaster IMO. Its the only thing to look forward to at the end of the season it would lead to players not turning up when they have nothing to play for when there team is struggling and would lead to teams turning up with 6-7 players if at all. By all means start the season 4 weeks earlier as the league going on until June is crazy and the singles/doubles in July even more so.

Another thing i'd change is the start time for matches. Why start matches at 10 I know it says they should start by 9.45 but when do they ever! Matches should start at 9 and it should be finished no later than last orders. Lads are in the pub practicing from 7-8 so why not;)

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Another thing i'd change is the start time for matches. Why start matches at 10 I know it says they should start by 9.45 but when do they ever! Matches should start at 9 and it should be finished no later than last orders. Lads are in the pub practicing from 7-8 so why not;)

This I definitely agree with. Matches should definitely start at 9. Some games are over far too late, it is a Monday night after all with most people having work the next day. Start at 9 and finish around half 11 would be perfect timing. Most matches we played last season didn't start until after 10.

If your starting the matches earlier I'd change the format as well, lads practise all week and they might only get 2 legs of darts, you don't get time to settle, best of 5 I think it should be, start it at 8 pm

there was a time not to far back when you would have a sing song after the darts were over.but the so called dream teams arived they used to arrive whenever they liked and the commitee would turn a blind eye so no one wanted a sing song with these.and thats not so long ago there was a team who called a walk over on them they turned up at 10 30 and expected to play. but of course the team that called the walk over got all the ****.but i think they were right same with the singles and doubles the same people arrive late and get away with it.rules are rules end of story :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭I.C.U

purses wrote: »
    there was a time not to far back when you would have a sing song after the darts were over.but the so called dream teams arived they used to arrive whenever they liked and the commitee would turn a blind eye so no one wanted a sing song with these.and thats not so long ago there was a team who called a walk over on them they turned up at 10 30 and expected to play. but of course the team that called the walk over got all the ****.but i think they were right same with the singles and doubles the same people arrive late and get away with it.rules are rules end of story :confused:

Not to long ago that game your talking about was about 16 years ago its history why even bring it up I agree with games starting earlier as for the singles and doubles I seen all types of players turning up late and getting in even this year not just your so called dream team players and that dream team crap is gone theres a good five teams that can win the league maybe even more for next season and the singing how old are you Wat do you want a load of young lads screaming their tits off open your eyes darts and the players have changed in the bourgh

I.C.U wrote: »
    Not to long ago that game your talking about was about 16 years ago its history why even bring it up I agree with games starting earlier as for the singles and doubles I seen all types of players turning up late and getting in even this year not just your so called dream team players and that dream team crap is gone theres a good five teams that can win the league maybe even more for next season and the singing how old are you Wat do you want a load of young lads screaming their tits off open your eyes darts and the players have changed in the bourgh

Now now Marc that's discrimination against the young folk ageism in fact, what's so wrong with us belting out a few Justin Bieber songs?

yes your right it has moved on.look at who won the leauge single doubles cup dream teams gone hahahaah :eek:wake up and cop on :eek:

• Advertisement

the crac is gone out of darts and how can you take it serious when all you can win is pitance.i agree with you it should move on it should start early.best of five and let the players get into it.it needs new blood and ideas.the commitees are the best people in darts without them there would be no darts.but i think what is needed is the rules to be adherd to if its down on paper thats it.let people enjoy it get home early for work.best of luck to everyone playing this year no matter who they play for.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭I.C.U

purses wrote: »
    yes your right it has moved on.look at who won the leauge single doubles cup dream teams gone hahahaah :eek:wake up and cop on :eek:

No one called us a dream team last year or this year so Wat your saying if a team wins their a dream team we didn't win the league last year or the singles but because we did this year we are a dream team I think we have another plonker in you and your posts everybody knows me here but you can hide and then slag off teams if you like

i am not slagging anyone off.i am just stateing facts you seem to be a little sensetive to what i am writeing i am not trying to be personal with anyone i am stateing the facts.whats wrong with someone being honest and saying what they think.i am a tuesday player and love it even though i am not very good at darts.but i do think there is a huge divide in teams and i think that ruins it to a certain degree.as you would have seen no one wants to go out and get beaten 8 nil and i am sure the lads in the lough dont want to be doing it.i am trying to be realistic about it i think it could be thought out better it needs a new way of thinking.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 homers mate

just a thought why cantudo the league the same way as the semi,s inthe cup write ur five players on paper that way ithink it cud be a better league just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fandango2011

[/B]

Any ideas...

Cant see the Monday league been 17 teams and then Tuesday been 13, which means either the legends or bakers will be playing tuesday, cant see the committee having a idle week in their fixtures

Cant see the Monday league been 17 teams and then Tuesday been 13, which means either the legends or bakers will be playing tuesday, cant see the committee having a idle week in their fixtures

Let the battle commence!!! Let them go head to head winner between the two plays Monday losers play Tuesday, simple !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Let the battle commence!!! Let them go head to head winner between the two plays Monday losers play Tuesday, simple !

If that was to happen, I reckon the team that lost would just fold!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭treble3

has to be the best suggestion ive ever seen on this site get it on the puppets would bottle it

hawaii501 wrote: »
    If that was to happen, I reckon the team that lost would just fold!!

Well that would be down to them to take a year out of darts and who's to say they'd walk back into the Monday next year if no team drop out and two go down and two come up there'll still be no places for them, so they'll have to take their medicine !!!!

Well that would be down to them to take a year out of darts and who's to say they'd walk back into the Monday next year if no team drop out and two go down and two come up there'll still be no places for them, so they'll have to take their medicine !!!!

or just join another team simple

Not really that simple!! You's all can't walk into one team DT going your separate ways will obviously split up the dream teams and then you have the problem of teams having enough players and mighten need anymore!!

• Advertisement

Not really that simple!! You's all can't walk into one team DT going your separate ways will obviously split up the dream teams and then you have the problem of teams having enough players and mighten need anymore!!

i know what your saying.i didnt mean all of the same team going into the same team that would just be disrespectful to the players already playing there. i'd say many of the players will have been in talks with other teams incase the worst case scenario happens but like you were saying even if you have a back up plan there team might be full by the time everything is sorted.

im just looking forward to playing on a monday night, hopefully its with bakers if not fingers crossed i get into another team and get to play

i know what your saying.i didnt mean all of the same team going into the same team that would just be disrespectful to the players already playing there. i'd say many of the players will have been in talks with other teams incase the worst case scenario happens but like you were saying even if you have a back up plan there team might be full by the time everything is sorted.

im just looking forward to playing on a monday night, hopefully its with bakers if not fingers crossed i get into another team and get to play

If the committee decided a play off and yous lost would the team not stay together and get into the Monday night, be loyal to yourselfs and bakers?

If the committee decided a play off and yous lost would the team not stay together and get into the Monday night, be loyal to yourselfs and bakers?

i'd be all for a play off to see who goes in cause i have the confidence in the team that they can beat anyone if we went tuesday doesnt bother me just go up next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭treble3

you are very cocky disrespecting the tuesday league like that if im not mistaking double top i dont think u have ever won anything but u talk like your a superstar get your head out of your hole and earn the right to disrespect people

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

Isn't the Bakers team just the Farm red moving premises, as far as I know its made up of Farm red players with a couple of new signings. Is this not true!!

DFD wrote: »
    Isn't the Bakers team just the Farm red moving premises, as far as I know its made up of Farm red players with a couple of new signings. Is this not true!!

yea thats true but i dont know how everything works with teams changing there name and location so im just going by worst case

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

AGM

The AGM will be on Friday 9th Sept at 8.30pm in the Monkstown community rooms, the date has been changed to avoid a clash with the Mick Dunne perpetual cup.

AGM

The AGM will be on Friday 9th Sept at 8.30pm in the Monkstown community rooms, the date has been changed to avoid a clash with the Mick Dunne perpetual cup.

John I'm away in Portugal 6-25 can you change the ATM till the 26th :-) it's clashing with my holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fandango2011

No its not, as far as i was aware Farm Red are gone from the league and there old players have moved to bakers which means new team

IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN THESE GUYS WERE UNBEATEN FOR A LONGTIME AND DOUBLE TOP HAS NO PROB PLAYING A PLAY OFF THINK AGAIN SHANE YOUR A GOOD PLAYER BUT YOUR NOT THINKING STRAIGHT.ITS VERY SIMPLE LADS.THERE ARE AT LEAST 4 TEAMS IN THE MONDAY NEED TO GO DOWN NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE BUT IF YOUR NOT ABLE TO FILL A TEAM OR CANT GIVE THESE GUYS A GAME GO DOWN AND LEARN. BUILD YOUR TEAMS UP AND COME BACK UP BE SENSIBLE ABOUT THIS. THE LEAGUE NEEDS THIS.THE MORE GOOD TEAMS THE BETTER AND I THINK ITS A LOSS WITHOUT THEM.IF SOMEONE WANTS TO STOP PLAYING THATS THERE BUSINESS.THERE IS A OPPORTUNITY HERE FOR THE COMMITEE TO SHOW SOME SENCE HERE FOR THE GOOD OF THE BOROUGH DART LEAGUE.AND LADS WHILE YOU ARE SLAGGING OFF THESE GUYS THERE ARENT MANY WHO HAVE WON MORE THAN THESE.RESPECT FOR ALL

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement