Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoghaire Borough Darts League 2011/2012 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭I.C.U

purses wrote: »
    yes your right it has moved on.look at who won the leauge single doubles cup dream teams gone hahahaah :eek:wake up and cop on :eek:

No one called us a dream team last year or this year so Wat your saying if a team wins their a dream team we didn't win the league last year or the singles but because we did this year we are a dream team I think we have another plonker in you and your posts everybody knows me here but you can hide and then slag off teams if you like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 purses

i am not slagging anyone off.i am just stateing facts you seem to be a little sensetive to what i am writeing i am not trying to be personal with anyone i am stateing the facts.whats wrong with someone being honest and saying what they think.i am a tuesday player and love it even though i am not very good at darts.but i do think there is a huge divide in teams and i think that ruins it to a certain degree.as you would have seen no one wants to go out and get beaten 8 nil and i am sure the lads in the lough dont want to be doing it.i am trying to be realistic about it i think it could be thought out better it needs a new way of thinking.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 homers mate

just a thought why cantudo the league the same way as the semi,s inthe cup write ur five players on paper that way ithink it cud be a better league just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fandango2011

[/B]

They are all there for the coming season, also the Farm Red are out.

Thats 15 teams confirmed for sure.

Now the league will have many options on what to do next season, if it goes by rumours, bakers (sure thing), Mickey Byrnes new team as the current team back to the Lough. this would mean Mickey Byrnes and Bakers for 1 spot, if there is an additional team then we would have 18 teams in the top league.

But another option would be

With 13 teams in the Tuesday, would they not relegate the bottom team in the Monday and make that 14, then the Monday league would have 14 confirmed plus the 2 new teams.

Any ideas...

Cant see the Monday league been 17 teams and then Tuesday been 13, which means either the legends or bakers will be playing tuesday, cant see the committee having a idle week in their fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

Cant see the Monday league been 17 teams and then Tuesday been 13, which means either the legends or bakers will be playing tuesday, cant see the committee having a idle week in their fixtures

Let the battle commence!!! Let them go head to head winner between the two plays Monday losers play Tuesday, simple !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Let the battle commence!!! Let them go head to head winner between the two plays Monday losers play Tuesday, simple !

If that was to happen, I reckon the team that lost would just fold!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭treble3

has to be the best suggestion ive ever seen on this site get it on the puppets would bottle it

hawaii501 wrote: »
    If that was to happen, I reckon the team that lost would just fold!!

Well that would be down to them to take a year out of darts and who's to say they'd walk back into the Monday next year if no team drop out and two go down and two come up there'll still be no places for them, so they'll have to take their medicine !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Well that would be down to them to take a year out of darts and who's to say they'd walk back into the Monday next year if no team drop out and two go down and two come up there'll still be no places for them, so they'll have to take their medicine !!!!

or just join another team simple

Not really that simple!! You's all can't walk into one team DT going your separate ways will obviously split up the dream teams and then you have the problem of teams having enough players and mighten need anymore!!

• Advertisement

Not really that simple!! You's all can't walk into one team DT going your separate ways will obviously split up the dream teams and then you have the problem of teams having enough players and mighten need anymore!!

i know what your saying.i didnt mean all of the same team going into the same team that would just be disrespectful to the players already playing there. i'd say many of the players will have been in talks with other teams incase the worst case scenario happens but like you were saying even if you have a back up plan there team might be full by the time everything is sorted.

im just looking forward to playing on a monday night, hopefully its with bakers if not fingers crossed i get into another team and get to play

Double Top wrote: »
    i know what your saying.i didnt mean all of the same team going into the same team that would just be disrespectful to the players already playing there. i'd say many of the players will have been in talks with other teams incase the worst case scenario happens but like you were saying even if you have a back up plan there team might be full by the time everything is sorted.

im just looking forward to playing on a monday night, hopefully its with bakers if not fingers crossed i get into another team and get to play

If the committee decided a play off and yous lost would the team not stay together and get into the Monday night, be loyal to yourselfs and bakers?

If the committee decided a play off and yous lost would the team not stay together and get into the Monday night, be loyal to yourselfs and bakers?

i'd be all for a play off to see who goes in cause i have the confidence in the team that they can beat anyone if we went tuesday doesnt bother me just go up next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭treble3

you are very cocky disrespecting the tuesday league like that if im not mistaking double top i dont think u have ever won anything but u talk like your a superstar get your head out of your hole and earn the right to disrespect people

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

Isn't the Bakers team just the Farm red moving premises, as far as I know its made up of Farm red players with a couple of new signings. Is this not true!!

DFD wrote: »
    Isn't the Bakers team just the Farm red moving premises, as far as I know its made up of Farm red players with a couple of new signings. Is this not true!!

yea thats true but i dont know how everything works with teams changing there name and location so im just going by worst case

AGM

The AGM will be on Friday 9th Sept at 8.30pm in the Monkstown community rooms, the date has been changed to avoid a clash with the Mick Dunne perpetual cup.

AGM

The AGM will be on Friday 9th Sept at 8.30pm in the Monkstown community rooms, the date has been changed to avoid a clash with the Mick Dunne perpetual cup.

John I'm away in Portugal 6-25 can you change the ATM till the 26th :-) it's clashing with my holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fandango2011

No its not, as far as i was aware Farm Red are gone from the league and there old players have moved to bakers which means new team

IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN THESE GUYS WERE UNBEATEN FOR A LONGTIME AND DOUBLE TOP HAS NO PROB PLAYING A PLAY OFF THINK AGAIN SHANE YOUR A GOOD PLAYER BUT YOUR NOT THINKING STRAIGHT.ITS VERY SIMPLE LADS.THERE ARE AT LEAST 4 TEAMS IN THE MONDAY NEED TO GO DOWN NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE BUT IF YOUR NOT ABLE TO FILL A TEAM OR CANT GIVE THESE GUYS A GAME GO DOWN AND LEARN. BUILD YOUR TEAMS UP AND COME BACK UP BE SENSIBLE ABOUT THIS. THE LEAGUE NEEDS THIS.THE MORE GOOD TEAMS THE BETTER AND I THINK ITS A LOSS WITHOUT THEM.IF SOMEONE WANTS TO STOP PLAYING THATS THERE BUSINESS.THERE IS A OPPORTUNITY HERE FOR THE COMMITEE TO SHOW SOME SENCE HERE FOR THE GOOD OF THE BOROUGH DART LEAGUE.AND LADS WHILE YOU ARE SLAGGING OFF THESE GUYS THERE ARENT MANY WHO HAVE WON MORE THAN THESE.RESPECT FOR ALL

• Advertisement

WHY NOT HAVE THE NEW TEAMS AND THE TEAMS WHO WERE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE MONDAY LEAGUE HAVE A PLAY OFF WOULD GENERATE SOME INTEREST AND WOULD BE A FAIR WAY OF DOING THINGS LET THEM ALL EARN THERE PLACES ONLY A THOUGHT GUYS :rolleyes:

You should come to the AGM and put these ideas forward, that way they can be discussed by the players and a decision made by the players.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

WHY NOT HAVE THE NEW TEAMS AND THE TEAMS WHO WERE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE MONDAY LEAGUE HAVE A PLAY OFF WOULD GENERATE SOME INTEREST AND WOULD BE A FAIR WAY OF DOING THINGS LET THEM ALL EARN THERE PLACES ONLY A THOUGHT GUYS :rolleyes:

That will never work, you can't just relegate one team because a new team comes along that's better. What sort of system is that? New teams should never be put straight into the Monday league, it just doesn't make sense.

For example if McDonaghs got relegated we could simply move to a different put, change our name, change a couple of players and be put straight back into the Monday league again. It's a crazy system and I'm saying this a player for a team that actually benefitted from the way it is because I know that we would still be Tuesday team right now.

I'll be going to the AGM anyway so I'll be sure to have my say.

That's ridiculous you can't just turn around and say to the lads listen it's a play off between yous and new teams after everyone new there was no teams been relegated!! The fairest option is a play off between the new teams!

For example...

Imagine Celtic and rangers moving down south and telling wolves and Wigan well done lads for avoiding relegation but two new teams are joining so yous are in a play off!! Doesn't wash

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭I.C.U

There is a way around this just let them in and relegate more next season so if theres 18 send down 4 and bring 2 up to make 16 the premier league done this back in the mid 90s when they had 22 teams

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kwontastic

wouldnt be at all fair to the teams that finished last and second last putting them up against league winners and all,, ye cant just try an relegate teams that have being in the league just to accommadate new teams... those teams where told there league status was safe for this season .. im sure the new teams will get in any way with other teams folding

ah lads whats going on its got nothing to do with fair or who wouldint like this and that.its about makeing the league better more competetive.if i was to be honest i would say there are no more than 6 teams in the monday i would make this a premiere league playing each other 3 times.best of 5 or 7 per game.singles and doubles would be played in there own shop against each other winners going through to represent there shops no more dream teams ye ha.cup should involve mon and tuesday teams all in the one draw.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

ah lads whats going on its got nothing to do with fair or who wouldint like this and that.its about makeing the league better more competetive.if i was to be honest i would say there are no more than 6 teams in the monday i would make this a premiere league playing each other 3 times.best of 5 or 7 per game.singles and doubles would be played in there own shop against each other winners going through to represent there shops no more dream teams ye ha.cup should involve mon and tuesday teams all in the one draw.

Well all I can say is thank christ you have nothing to do with running league! Madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

What would you do with the other 8-10 teams then from the monday league?
    And also why would you put Tuesday teams in with the Monday cup if you think they are only 6 good teams, it would'nt be competitive. Ridiculous suggestion!

• Advertisement

there would be 6 to 8 teams premiere playing monday/ 8 teams in the monday/ and any amount in the tuesday league.top 2 monday go premiere/ bottom 2 premiere go down/ bottom 2 monday go tuesday/ top 2 tuesday go monday/premiere starts at 9 best of 5 monday stayes the same and tuesday/all new teams start in the tuesday.all teams go in the hat for the cup just like the f/a cup give the minnows a chance to take out the big boys.all singles and doubles played in your own shop against each other winners go through to represent there own pubs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement