Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoghaire Borough Darts League 2011/2012 - General Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mr honest

sorry mate i dont play for the tassie i was just giving my opinion on the upcoming season your opinions are like my arse hole all that comes out of it is s*h*i*t*
    just get one thing straight i am not your mate and what i said wasn;t an opinion it was fact the lough hold all the trophies fact so the best thing you can do is stop talking out of your rear end and by the way your language is lovely it is very noticeable you had a beautiful upbringing anyone who is remotely interested in darts doesn;t care what you think this is the first and only reply you will ever recieve so toddle of little boy and read you grammar book :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭scouser22

mr honest wrote: »
    i think you have got your wires crossed seemingly nobody in the lough team knew about that:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    no wires crossed here lad talk to tansey, i know he dosent play for you but i think he organised it

• Registered Users Posts: 25 freddykrueger

just get one thing straight i am not your mate and what i said wasn;t an opinion it was fact the lough hold all the trophies fact so the best thing you can do is stop talking out of your rear end and by the way your language is lovely it is very noticeable you had a beautiful upbringing anyone who is remotely interested in darts doesn;t care what you think this is the first and only reply you will ever recieve so toddle of little boy and read you grammar book :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    sorry for upsetting you dont have a heart attack read what you first wrote you thick you must sit there all day waiting for people to talk to sad life young man

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

tassie got a real roasting from a dublin selection the weekend that should be a reality check for them some of you;s keep going on about the tassie and bakers going to win this and win that when in fact the best team in the league over the last number of years is the lough and my belief they are the team to beat they hold the two major trophie;s the league and the cup and if mark has moved on good luck to him but remember one player doesn;t make a team there is still lots of quality players in the lough .
    if marc goes and as expected lar finishes up and mick kane leaves they will take some replacing so i reckon the lough might be weaker, i also cant understand why everyone on this deteriorated forum has made bakers public enemy no.1 they are all sound fellas same as are most lads in the league, with exception to a few on here that spout their own body weight in crap out of them, if the farm red decide to move to bakers and sign a couple of player's what's the problem??? i say the same for the tassie ive yet to hear anyone from either team claim they are gonna win anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 eyeeye

any 1 of 8 teams canwin this yr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

eyeeye wrote: »
    So who's your 8 teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 26 45 11

there is only 4 or 5 teams on the monday night who can play to a decent standard and only 3 who could win it the rest are only as good as the tuesday bar a player or 2..... so i really dont no were ur getin the 8 from i think u should explain urself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭treble3

i think he must be on about the tuesday looks as if the monday is going to be one way traffic up the dozen

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭podge180

lads 4get abt last season,s winners ! A new season is coming up who goes to who is there own business. Best of luck to all new teams Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday and when lads start to talk darts and stop bad mouthing i don't think this forum will last the season!And that my own opinion,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

This place really has gone down hill recently, i see now why i didnt bother posting for a while.

People like treble3 and freddiekrauger only looking to cause trouble, there is a difference between banter and abuse, and recently to much abuse has been posted by certain members.

Hopefully this will be sorted out, and i look forward to reading the reports and seeing the results from the league this yr, some class players in that league and alot of top lads aswell, best of luck to all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

The AGM is on tonight.It will be interesting to see if Treble3 or freddykreuger are there.

So was there any changes made at the AGM for the coming year?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Can anyone who was there fill us in on the points that were raised?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 homers mate

Dicie wrote: »
    This place really has gone down hill recently, i see now why i didnt bother posting for a while.

People like treble3 and freddiekrauger only looking to cause trouble, there is a difference between banter and abuse, and recently to much abuse has been posted by certain members.

Hopefully this will be sorted out, and i look forward to reading the reports and seeing the results from the league this yr, some class players in that league and alot of top lads aswell, best of luck to all.
    ur rite but everyone knows denis was allways a mouth but now hes a hasbeen so all he can do is lash others its his strenth to hid behind an id

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Can anyone who was there fill us in on the points that were raised?

wasn't there but heard that league matches now have to start at 9:30. The board has to be open by 9:15. If the other team hasn't showed up by 9:30 then its a walk over.

Kynes and Micky Byrnes pulled out and the Lough B and Ryan from Windy Arbour are in the Monday league.

There are 14 teams in the Tuesday.

League starts Monday October 10th with a brake for the singles and doubles
    from wed 14 dec til mon 30 jan.

MONDAY NIGHT TEAMS THIS SEASON
    Lough Inn
    Tassie A
    Tassie B
    Noggin Inn
    Igo Inn
    Fitzpatricks
    Bakers Corner
    McKennas
    Weirs
    McDonaghs
    B.H.F.C
    Gallops
    Ryans Bar (Windy Arbour)
    Enniskerry
    Lough Inn B
    Farmhouse Blue

TUESDAY NIGHT TEAMS
    Lough Inn
    Farmhouse
    Tassie A
    Tassie B
    Enniskerry
    Clancys
    Ramblers Blue
    Ramblers Rest
    Magic Carpet
    Kynes
    Robbins
    Balally Inn
    Gallops
    Golden Ball

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Nice one mack.

Great idea having matches start a half an hour earlier, i always thought ten was too late to be starting as games often didn't until after midnight. Here's hoping teams stick to the new rule though!

that rules a bit dodgy.I dont think teams will be that bothered starting after 9.30.I hope it does work though.Its hard getting up for work the next morning when you get home at 1.30am

thedivil wrote: »
    that rules a bit dodgy.I dont think teams will be that bothered starting after 9.30.I hope it does work though.Its hard getting up for work the next morning when you get home at 1.30am
    Well it's up to a team to be brave and pull another team up on it, that's the only way it will be done but we're all friends nowadays so I can't see a team walking into a pub at 9.35 and the other captain saying sorry mate we are claiming a walk over!!

so how much time do you give a team to arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 THE GRASS

SHOULD BE 9.45 START AFTER THE FOOTBALL ID SAY THAT WILL BE THE TIME

• Advertisement

ye Grass id say that will be the time once there is football on on a Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kwontastic

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Nice one mack.

Great idea having matches start a half an hour earlier, i always thought ten was too late to be starting as games often didn't until after midnight. Here's hoping teams stick to the new rule though!
    they were always supposed to start at 9.30 but never did , but now this walkover rule is to be enforced .. dont hold your breath tho

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kwontastic

THE GRASS wrote: »
    SHOULD BE 9.45 START AFTER THE FOOTBALL ID SAY THAT WILL BE THE TIME
    ye cause if the brom are on you just couldnt turn that off..

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭I.C.U

kwontastic wrote: »
    ye cause if the brom are on you just couldnt turn that off..

Up the WOLVES haha

So all the bitching about how the committee should run things and change things came to no avail because no one stood up and had their say or was it all knocked back??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

So all the bitching about how the committee should run things and change things came to no avail because no one stood up and had their say or was it all knocked back??

2 people stepped down from the committee this year (pat smith and barry murphy). ste andrews and paul o toole were nominated to replace them and they accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

Cant beat the boro league, if players aint moaning theyre not happy. At the end of the day its a game of darts in the local bar, nothing more nothing less, the way some go on ye would think it ment something.

Double Top wrote: »

2 people stepped down from the committee this year (pat smith and barry murphy). ste andrews and paul o toole were nominated to replace them and they accepted.
    Yeah I heard that but everyone was going on how this and that should be ran what they would do to change things up a little and after all the abuse the committee got for their hard work no one stepped up with their ideas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Yeah I heard that but everyone was going on how this and that should be ran what they would do to change things up a little and after all the abuse the committee got for their hard work no one stepped up with their ideas!!!

was a very quiet one this year if im honest but the new starting date of the league i think was the major gripe everyone had and that got sorted i dont really know what else everyone was saying they wanted to change but that was my major one that we get a bit of time between the end of the season and the start of the comps, you never know bit of new blood on the board might change a few things just have to wait and see

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭scouser22

Dicie wrote: »
    Cant beat the boro league, if players aint moaning theyre not happy. At the end of the day its a game of darts in the local bar, nothing more nothing less, the way some go on ye would think it ment something.

would you ever stop this site is a bit of crack ok some lads windup a few lads but dont take it to heart, and the darts do mean something to us you must be some player that thinks your one of the elite if it annoys you that much dont come on for a nose

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement