Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spray paint machine for kitchen units?

• 25-07-2011 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi All,

We have a standard shaker style laminate kitchen, which I am really fed up with and was thinking since I can't afford to change it( or even just reface it), that maybe I might paint it instead.

I had originally planned to hand paint it, but I think this will maybe be too time consuming with my children in the house, so was thinking maybe after I prime it, I would rent a spray paint machine and spray it myself. Take doors off and do outside..

Anyone any thoughts on this, good idea or not? I am a novice to this kind of project , so any advice would be very much appreciated. Any ideas where would be good for hiring the machine etc..

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Getting a good finish with a sprayer without having used one before will be daunting. How you hold it, thinning paint and avoiding dust will be tricky.
    Talk to your local panel beater and if you do all the prep (sanding, removing fittings etc) they may be willing to spray them and even put them through the oven if they have one (puts a car like finish on them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

+1handyman . to get a good finish it will take a lot of practice with a spray gun. i spray joinery and furniture regular enough and im just starting to get the spraying right.hand painting i a lot easier to get right. an other thing you say your kitchen is laminate. i presume the doors are vinyl wrapped. if they are not sure how they will take the paint.

Advertisement