Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salmon Licence Information

Options
  • 25-07-2011 11:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hey

Hoping someone can answer my questions

I am going to be joining the Navan District Anglers association with the mind of fishing for Salmon, Sea Trout and Trout.

I know I have to get a licence but my question is:
    • The Boyne is catch and release for 2011, so do I need a licence when I am not going to be keeping the fish anyway?
    • If I do need a licence, do I select a Salmon B Licence (District) - €58 and select Drogheda as my district?
    • Do I have to stick to my district or can I fish for Salmon anywhere in my district (Eastern)

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aidanf

To answer your first question, yes, you still need a salmon licence if you are targeting salmon, even if it's on a catch-and-release river.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Fuseman wrote: »
    Hey

Hoping someone can answer my questions

I am going to be joining the Navan District Anglers association with the mind of fishing for Salmon, Sea Trout and Trout.

I know I have to get a licence but my question is:
    • The Boyne is catch and release for 2011, so do I need a licence when I am not going to be keeping the fish anyway?
    • If I do need a licence, do I select a Salmon B Licence (District) - €58 and select Drogheda as my district?
    • Do I have to stick to my district or can I fish for Salmon anywhere in my district (Eastern)

Thanks in Advance

Yes, you need a salmon licence.
    Yes, a district licence is sufficient.
    No, you cannot fish outside that district - Eastern is not a fishery district, it is a River Basin District and comprises more than one fishery district.
    If you want to fish outside your local district as well you should get a national licence (€120), which allows you to fish in all districts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭Fuseman

Appreciate the responses. Licence purchased online and Membership application in. Tight Lines Guys. ;)

Advertisement