Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor.ie Problems

Options
  • 25-07-2011 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

anyone else having issues recently on meteor.ie?

im getting complete webpage load errors, some half errors, wont for the life of me load the free webtext page without at least some errors, and when it doesnt do all that, it times out.
    very annoying, meteor what are ye up too

Comments

There site is a piece of...crap tbh.

I can't get in the past hour(and going by your message it's gone all day) and I've had similar problems a few times recently.

Also these days I can't log in as normal, I enter the details, click ok and it bring me to another screen where you have to re-enter details and a code( like I entered details wrong)
    But then if i just reclick my bookmark it brings me into the webtext screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Got Charged €69.01 on a bill because they didn't implement my free meteor to meteor calls. Rang them up and said they would credit my next bill. Next Bill was €56.81 with nothing credited to my account an over bill this time of €31+. Problem logging into the website even though I have put in my code correctly three times. Now I am locked out for thirty minutes wonder how much they will over charge me this month.

They can credit the money to my bank account. Screw credit my account. That could be €75 spending money for the holiday I am saving for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 .Ellie.

There site is a piece of...crap tbh.
    Also these days I can't log in as normal, I enter the details, click ok and it bring me to another screen where you have to re-enter details and a code( like I entered details wrong)
    But then if i just reclick my bookmark it brings me into the webtext screen.
    Exact same thing is happening with me.

Also, and this just started happening today, the network coverage seems to completely disappear for a few hours, then reappear for 2 hours or so, only to disappear once again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Locked out from my account too - annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Website is a joke .. just moved from vodafone to meteor .. did not realise meteor webtext was so flaky ... and they don't have a bulk import option for phone contacts !! (from what I can see) .. joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Website has always been a mess, i made a better site for my junior cert!!
    Waste of code....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mitty87

Cannot for the life of me get into mymeteor! Have been trying since this morning!
    At least now they are acknowleging it is THEIR problem!
    Sorry! If your log in details are correct, please forgive us. We're experiencing an intermittent issue with MyMeteor log in and are working to fix this asap. Try again later.

It's a complete farce. Cannot even log onto the meteor forum to get some advice - as they have yet to send me an automated email!

I am seriously considering moving to Vodafone - at least they have fantastic coverage and are far more consistant!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭chasm

"We're experiencing an intermittent issue with MyMeteor log in and are working to fix this asap."

They have been saying the same on their FB page, it's a flippin joke, ive been with them about 5 or 6 months and their website has been like that since then, intermittent my eye!! I phoned them when i first signed up to complain about not being able to access my a/c online and was eventually told that once you input your details and click login you are actually logged in, even though it brings up the new login screen- you just have to click the meteor button on the top left of the screen- usually works for me, but not always. keep getting signed out a lot and as such i have never used the webtexts!

Between that and the fact that i can only get a decent mobile internet signal if i travel to dublin or sligo or longford (anywhere but my home town) i wonder what possessed me to sign up to meteor! Did a speed test there now, speed 10.039 kbps, latency 2.903 seconds, transferred 100kb in 70.69seconds, and that was the fastest it has been all week:mad:

@Mitty, if you are on FB go on their page and complain ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

They do not seem to care about their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

The site is having issues today as well. It really is incredible how bad it is. If I can't check my balance, how can I be charged for going over ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭chasm

long_b wrote: »
    The site is having issues today as well. It really is incredible how bad it is. If I can't check my balance, how can I be charged for going over ?

Well i scrolled back on their fB page and for at least a week(could be more if i bothered to look that far back) they have been saying they are fixing it asap!!!!

One thing i learnt yesterday is that Meteor charge prepay customers 15c per call for calls to customer service, which is a great way to make money - have a lousy service and a website that doesnt work at least 50% of the time and if customers dare to complain, charge them for the privilege :rolleyes:

They will probably tell you that there are other ways to check your balance other than online, bill pay have a number to text so i assume these are for prepay??

Enter the digits *#100# using your keypad, and then press either the send button or the green call key. Your balance will appear on screen.

OR

2. The Phone call: You can dial 1742 (free call), and then follow the instructions from the pre-recorded message to find out your current

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

mitty87 wrote: »
    Cannot for the life of me get into mymeteor! Have been trying since this morning!
    At least now they are acknowleging it is THEIR problem!

It's a complete farce. Cannot even log onto the meteor forum to get some advice - as they have yet to send me an automated email!

I am seriously considering moving to Vodafone - at least they have fantastic coverage and are far more consistant!!!!!!:mad:

If you think Meteor's website is bad, wait until you see Vodafone's...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Is o2's webtext reliable? Sick of Meteor and planning on changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

just got a new phone and number today thought id go with meteor a few friends are with them and im unable to register my number i enter the num and pin and it just keeps asking me to re enter it over and over :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

So they should change there claim to have free Webtexts to: If you are lucky and manage to log on to MyMeteor you may be able to text for free. This is a time limited offer ie you will not succeed most of the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Pure Loonamus

I'm getting the same thing, put in my details correct and get redirected to another page to enter them. Getting in every now and again so have decided to just leave the browser open with it logged in!

Also have had alot of problems with meteor recently, am a bill pay customer, I asked for their 12 month contract when i bought my phone but cardphone warehouse messed up and put me on an 18 mth contract. Asked to get it changed, and to this date I have been assured by 3 people in the cardphone warehouse store that it would be changed, I am still logged as being on the 18 mth contract!! - I am already 5 months into the contract now!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

i have no credit and i need to text people badly and their **** website is not letting me login :( they should fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

ok this worked for me. if you try and login and it says its their fault just got to this link for webtexts

https://www.mymeteor.ie/go/freewebtext

Advertisement