Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Hotels

Options
  • 25-07-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks

Looking to go to Cork for 6th and 7th Aug. Looking for a double and a twin room . Taking my daughter and her boyfriend (from Texas) and she is paying for their room so cheap and cheerful preferably with live music

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

mm ponder the only ones I have stayed in are the Silversprings Moran which is grand they should have some live music, tis a little bit out of town if ye were thinking of perhaps walking back and forth. The other one would be Issacs (that I have stayed in) but me thinks that might be pricey enough....

Do ye want to be close to the city

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Milly33 wrote: »
    Do ye want to be close to the city

Yeah I guess we would . They want to visit Blarney and then cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ok then forget Silversprings try Jurys Inn or the Maldron maybe uhh and if any of them are into ghosts there is suppose to be a haunted room in the maldron as far as i know..check out the paranormal section for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I'd try the Imperial Hotel, that's on South Mall, city centre. Never stayed there but have heard good reports. Would be parrallel to Oliver Plunkett Street which has a good few bars/pubs on it and most would have live music at weekends. The Bodhrán probably has live traditional Irish music on a Sat night.

I've stayed in the River Lee Hotel on Western Road a few times and LOVE it. It's about a 5 to 10 minute walk to town or you could catch the bus which probalbly costs about €1.50 each way, not sure as haven't lived in Cork for a good few years now. There's loads of taxis too, hotel would order you one.

Thanks. Will check them all out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Milly33 wrote: »
    ...try Jurys Inn or the Maldron maybe....

These are two hotels I would not recommend, unless you were going on a hen or a stag or something!

If you want a decent B&B then try the Blarney Stone, it's like a small hotel. I have stuck this up on here before as a recommendation on the aac of a recommentation of a colleague of mine (who stayed there when he first moved to Cork) & the person that used it found it reasonably priced & of good quality. It is about a 2 min walk from the city centre.
    The Clarion would be nice but may be a little pricier, it might be worth checking the prices on hotels.com or the like. It is also > 2mins walk from the centre of town.
    Hotel Isaacs would also be cheap & cheerful, but probably booked out by now, again right in the city.
    The Imperial Hotel is as central as you could possibly get, never stayed there but frm those that Iknow that have said it was fine.
    The River Lee Hotel is also nice but may be on the upper end of your budget (The Blarney Stone is across the road from this hotel BTW).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ColSheehan

Two of my buddies who are over from Holland atm were staying in the Maldron Hotel the last few nights. From what they were saying they loved it, especially the staff which were very friendly too according to them. They said the food was nice as well, but the only thing they said they didn't like was looking out on the graveyard outside the window.. :eek:

Thanks for all the info
    Go Ireland are doing a special deal - It would be 298 for the 4 of us for 2 nights B&B. Choices are:

Ambassador
    Best Western Montenotte
    Castle Hotel
    Isaacs

Rest are all outside the City. We intend to go into Blarney for a few hours but will stay in the City for the shops etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭corkonion

Dovies wrote: »
    Thanks for all the info
    Go Ireland are doing a special deal - It would be 298 for the 4 of us for 2 nights B&B. Choices are:

Ambassador
    Best Western Montenotte
    Castle Hotel
    Isaacs

Rest are all outside the City. We intend to go into Blarney for a few hours but will stay in the City for the shops etc.

Isaccs are closet to the city center on that list, the Ambassador and Montenotte are also walkable but are up very steep hills, I wouldn;t recomend the Castle just because its not nice.
    I would highly reccomend Lancaster Lodge for you or if you want to spend a little more the clarion hotel is great.

Advertisement