Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anywhere buy books?

• 25-07-2011 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭

We're doing a major clear out at the moment, and have a large number of second hand books that are clean, no dog ears etc.

Does anywhere in the city buy second-hand books?

I considered ebay but postage and packaging for books would cost more than the price I would be selling the book at...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is a place near the back of the milk market. I think the street is High Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

There's one on little catherine street too, upstairs next to that religious shop. The last time I was there though he'd only give me a credit note for the books i brought (Didn't mind because I wanted more anyway).

Have you considered putting them all as a bundle on adverts.ie etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

I wouldn't mind selling them for credit as long as the book shop had a somewhat decent selection. Although that does defeat the purpose of my clear out...

I'd still need to pay for postage with advents.ie?

An post appears to charge about 2 euro to post a book, and I'd feel bad for charging much more than for a second-hand book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

smiles302 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind selling them for credit as long as the book shop had a somewhat decent selection. Although that does defeat the purpose of my clear out...

I'd still need to pay for postage with advents.ie?

An post appears to charge about 2 euro to post a book, and I'd feel bad for charging much more than for a second-hand book

You wouldn't have to post, someone in the local area could buy them and arrange for pick-up, or come to yours to collect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

There is a second hand book shop in Anne Street across from the car park entrance , they usually give €2 per book .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

smiles302 wrote: »
    We're doing a major clear out at the moment, and have a large number of second hand books that are clean, no dog ears etc.

Does anywhere in the city buy second-hand books?

I considered ebay but postage and packaging for books would cost more than the price I would be selling the book at...

Hi Smiles,

Love second hand books myself (probably a bad bargaining stance to say that but feck it). If you like send me a PM with the titles or genres you have and I'll give it a look over. Love history, politics, fiction, war/military, fantasy/sci-fi, factual, real life, etc. That is not an exhaustive list by any means either!

If the price is right I'd have no problem in negotiating a price for cash if you'd prefer instead of a credit note.

Your call anyway, just thought I'd offer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

Sorry, forgot to say I'm fairly centrally based in the city so forget postage; fire (poor choice of words when talking about books :D ) them into a carrier bag an can meet you somewhere

Advertisement