Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Mum to be

Options
  • 25-07-2011 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,
    I recently found out that my best friend is pregnant. I would like to orgainse a girly day out for her as she has had a few stressful weeks. Im just looking for a few ideas really if anyone had done this before or even had something orgaised for them by friends and they enjoyed it. The obvious one is a spa package but would like to try and do something a little bit different. Thanks in advance smile.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

maybe make a small list of things that will be hard to do after the baby comes and do them!
    A big girlie trip to the cinema,(nearly impossible with kids!!)
    Trip to the hair dressers,(my 2 year old gave out ot the hair dresser for paini
    ting mammies hair)
    Window Shopping,(the luxury of trying on clothes or browsing aimlessly)
    Trip to the beautician,(have not attempted this with the kids!!)
    Go for some nice lunches,(my 2 1/2 year old appreciates lunch once it involves cake and sausages!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 midnightdream

Carefull with Spa Package, you are not allowed to have Massages in the first 12 weeks, as they might trigger a miscarriage and some stuff is not recommended. Also she might just feel too rotten the first three month to enjoy something nice. Maybe tell her now what you do once she is in the second trimester, most woman feel much better then! But I love the idea, and I bet a nice Pregnancy massage or even just a trip to get some Maternity stuff or so is nice! Its such an exciting time!

Advertisement