Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24NGB upgrade.

Options
  • 25-07-2011 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Hi
    Has the upgrage to the 24NGB been completed in Finglas, Dublin 11.
    i.e. are the present attainable speeds now the limit.

Thanx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Gerb68 wrote: »
    Hi
    Has the upgrage to the 24NGB been completed in Finglas, Dublin 11.
    i.e. are the present attainable speeds now the limit.

Thanx

Hi Gerb68,

Can you DM your telephone number and I can check if the order has been issued on you account.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

PM sent

PM sent

Hi Gerb68,

Yor line has already been migrated ti the "up to 24MB" NGB Ultimate package. What speeds are you getting at the moment?

Also did you receive and set up new Zyxel modem?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

I did get the Zyxel but lets not go there. I'm using the Netopia 2247 with the ADSL2+ Firmware.

I followed your check list and I just cleaned up and reorganised my phone connections. With this in mind can you check that I'm now gettin the best attainable speeds on my line.

Hi Mark,

I did get the Zyxel but lets not go there. I'm using the Netopia 2247 with the ADSL2+ Firmware.

I followed your check list and I just cleaned up and reorganised my phone connections. With this in mind can you check that I'm now gettin the best attainable speeds on my line.

Hi Gerb68,

The line is synced at 10MB as that is the maximum bandwidth on the line. Are you getting close to that?

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

Hi,

Just wondering if this upgrade will be passed on to eircom wholesale customers on other providers? or just eircom customers directly?

s

s_gr wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if this upgrade will be passed on to eircom wholesale customers on other providers? or just eircom customers directly?

s

Hi s_gr

The Next Generation Broadband is only available to eircom customers I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

I am getting close to that but the reason I ask was that I reconnected all phone connections.
    Last week Ant had it set at 15mbps and I was reaching 12mbps on my line. It was late in the day and he said to monitor it set at 12mbps (with me reaching 10mbps) overnight.

Just wondering if I can monitor it at 15mbps now with phones connect'ns reset. He did say it was maybe not gonna sync right at 15mbps though.

I am getting close to that but the reason I ask was that I reconnected all phone connections.
    Last week Ant had it set at 15mbps and I was reaching 12mbps on my line. It was late in the day and he said to monitor it set at 12mbps (with me reaching 10mbps) overnight.

Just wondering if I can monitor it at 15mbps now with phones connect'ns reset. He did say it was maybe not gonna sync right at 15mbps though.

Hi Gerb68,

I will investigate it in more detail and get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I was upgraded last month, from the 8GB to the 24GB ultimate (Dun Laoghaire area).

since then I've had problems with my connection, getting randomly disconnected (especially around 11pm), and get the Zxyel modem page.
    the signal strength is always at full so it's not that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I was upgraded last month, from the 8GB to the 24GB ultimate (Dun Laoghaire area).

since then I've had problems with my connection, getting randomly disconnected (especially around 11pm), and get the Zxyel modem page.
    the signal strength is always at full so it's not that.

Hi the grouch
    if you PM me your telephone number I can have a look at your connection and shoudl be able to resolve this issue for you.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Hi the grouch
    if you PM me your telephone number I can have a look at your connection and shoudl be able to resolve this issue for you.
    Tony

sent

Hi Gerb68,

I checked with the managers in broadband technical support and they confirmed the sync of 10MB is the best available on the line. They ran a few checks and they are certain that increasing the sync will result in disconenctions.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement