Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archos

Options
  • 25-07-2011 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi

Just looking for a little advice. After a lot of researching on the internet i have to decide between the ARCHOS 70b eReader or Archos 7 Home Tablet V2.
    The reason im choosing between these is basically im on a tight budget and they are both around the same price. I just cant make my mind up which will be better. I want it half and half ( an e-reader and internet) .I dont need it for full internet as i have a laptop but would like to be able to check facebook and the like. Im going google eyed trying to check them off against each other so hoping someone can give me first hand advice.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

They're much of a muchness...despite the 70b's e-reader tag it's really just another android based tablet, same as the A7 V2.

You'll have issues with reading the screen (both devices use the same screen tech) under natural light, might not seem like a big deal since ireland seems to be overcast 90% of the time, but really it's a pain eg. when you're trying to read on a bus and have to use your hand to try and shield your tablet from the harsh natural light so that you can actually see the text.

That said, if you seldom read then you won't run into that problem too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 marianneh79

Thank u Mactard

Was thinking there was1nt much difference. Just trying to see was i missing something.. Will just go with the tablet so i think :)

Advertisement