Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frame (window) fixing straps

• 25-07-2011 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know somewhere in Dublin where I can get frame fixing straps?

Do they come in different sizes? I assume so, I have some but they dont appear to fit the grooves on the uPVC frames I have.

(preferably south to south-west side, merely so I dont have to pay to cross the M50 toll/is near enough to me)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Try, Universal Products, Oak Rd Business Park, Nangor Rd 01 4564151

First question will be, what profile are they, as each profile has a different strap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Thats great, I was having a bit of trouble locating someone that might stock/sell me some, thanks
    Not too far from me either.
    I have a few measurements off the windows, so I'll go armed with that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

you could try glavo band or a wall plate strap or similar and screw into the steel in the window frame with a self tapper - works a treat.

Advertisement