Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icon "nightclub"

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Or is anyone using the Globe? Or maybe the High Stool?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mc Love wrote: »
    Or is anyone using the Globe? Or maybe the High Stool?

The Globe was a building site last time I saw it. They were supposed to be building a youth hostel there. Then an asylum seekers' hostel. Then nobody knew any more. The High Stool has been bought by a property development management company (according to the signs hanging above it) but that could mean anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

bazz26 wrote: »
    The old Ted's is propably the only disused one still there I would imagine.

The Bank is available to let as well.

So is McDaids/The ChickenCoop & baker place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Jofspring

...and the Cornmarket Bar. Wasn't it mentioned a few months ago that it was re-opening. Still no sign of that happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Where was The Energizer (back in the day)?

Mungret St.Pauls GAA club

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Jofspring wrote: »
    ...and the Cornmarket Bar. Wasn't it mentioned a few months ago that it was re-opening. Still no sign of that happening.

There's no club in there though, more of a late license discho' bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Beer Baron wrote: »
    There's no club in there though, more of a late license discho' bar.

And a poorly designed one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I miss you Bakers....I mis you so so much :.....(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Resi12 wrote: »
    The thing wrong with Limerick nightlife is the complete and utter lack of variety.

It's horrendous. All the clubs are the exact same with the exact same type of people, (there is no difference between Icon, Trooms and Angel Lane people, just what nights/weeks they go on) the exact same overpriced drink, same type of DJ's and the exact same overpriced entry charge (seriously Angel Lane and their 12 euro can take a hike, this isn't Dublin or even London). 12 euro is the most I have ever paid into a bar in Ireland and it being in Limerick really sickens me, it's not like we have the nightlife to justify the price.

I would love a place with it's atmosphere and a mix of chart music but in Limerick that would not go down well.

Thats because the people that frequent these s...holes are institutionalised, ie they know no better.
    They really need to travel more.
    The herd mentality reigns supreme in Limerick.;)

€12 entry to Angel Lane(a very mediocre club)??
    A club in Las Vegas would'nt charge that(or get away with it):mad:
    I was lambasted by a few vested interests on BOARDS.IE when i supported a person who reported being ripped off in Limerick.
    This as another example.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

washman3 wrote: »
    Thats because the people that frequent these s...holes are institutionalised, ie they know no better.
    They really need to travel more.
    The herd mentality reigns supreme in Limerick.;)

€12 entry to Angel Lane(a very mediocre club)??
    A club in Las Vegas would'nt charge that(or get away with it)
    :mad:
    I was lambasted by a few vested interests on BOARDS.IE when i supported a person who reported being ripped off in Limerick.
    This as another example.

ehh, I've been to Vegas, €12 wouldnt buy you a drink in some of the clubs, never mind entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭lmkman

Heard that Mc daids, Cuckoo box is reopening. The new owners manner leaves alot to be deired through experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Mc Love wrote: »
    Mungret St.Pauls GAA club
    Many the sh1t 21st has been had in there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I miss you Bakers....I mis you so so much :.....(

Is it not reopening soon no? (or did I dream that)

Is it not reopening soon no? (or did I dream that)

Yes/Maybe but not No.

I spoke to him about it last Friday and he said he wants to open it but needs to make the Chicken a success again before he can comtemplate staff and stocking the bar. I have been in there a few times. I was even downstairs in the basement/club on Friday as well(creepy).

Upstairs only needs a lick of paint and some dusting. ;)

I wouldn't hold your breath on it opening anytime soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Thanks for a little glimmer of hope BB!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I spoke to him about it last Friday and he said he wants to open it but needs to make the Chicken a success again before he can comtemplate staff and stocking the bar.

Might try to get in for a few pints there tonight. It's been my favourite spot in town for about four years now.

Might try to get in for a few pints there tonight. It's been my favourite spot in town for about four years now.

Get yourself a long neck of Krombacher Pilsner. Very nice Germany Pils. My Favourite. That or an Asahi(500ml) Japanese Beer made in Kent.

Advertisement