Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating

• 25-07-2011 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I'll be repeating next year as I messed these exams up.

Just want to know if repeating is like a full school day or whatever?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Not really sure what you're asking. If you repeat a year in school, what happens to you depends on the school you repeat in. In most schools I know, repeat students are simply put into the Leaving Cert class and go again like they did the year before. They are subject to the same rules etc. I have heard that some schools have seperate classes for repeat students (I imagine there'd have to be a very large number of students repeating), but I'm not sure if that's true.

Best off asking the school you wanna repeat in really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

if you do it in a school thats just for repeat years, youll have classes and then study periods more than likely in the day, if you repeat in your old secondary school it be just normal day more than likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

my school didn't do Repeats places, but the people who did repeat either took courses outside of school or studied at home while working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

I know few people who repeated and they just sat down in school as normal and they attended normal classes like everyone else does ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Yeah basically.
    If youre planning to repeat in a PLC/repeat college, yes, there are classes etc
    However, theres alot more freedom than secondary schools.

You will also meet alot of different people in your repeat programme.

I repeated this year. So if youve any questions, throw them my way and I will try and help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Capricorn93

In my school the repeats had days the same as the rest of the LC's. They were in all of the classes, except they had an English class of their own. Also if they dropped a subject they were given study periods where they sat at the back of a class.
    They also had study periods in a room on their own when the other LC's had LCVP, Religeon, PE, ect.
    Overall the repeats that were repeating all their subjects had 2 free/study classes a day, and those that dropped subjects had more.
    But really don't be planning it all just yet. Let the results come out first. You may well have done better than expected!

Advertisement