Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Ipad

Options
  • 25-07-2011 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a 16g ipad, wifi only.

It is €455 on the apple website inc engraving and free postage through fatcheese.

Can this be bettered?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭skinny90

have you a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Formosa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Dixons in DUB airport has really good prices on all electronics especially Mac. Dunno exact price for what you're looking for but I haven't found stuff cheaper on internet (well within Europe that is) than there (I might be mistaken but think even refurb from Mac is still more expensive than new there). Maybe someone you know can who's going on holiday can check/pick it up (or buy a 1 euro Ryanair ticket and "miss your flight and go home")

flyguy wrote: »
    Dixons in DUB airport has really good prices on all electronics especially Mac. Dunno exact price for what you're looking for but I haven't found stuff cheaper on internet (well within Europe that is) than there (I might be mistaken but think even refurb from Mac is still more expensive than new there). Maybe someone you know can who's going on holiday can check/pick it up (or buy a 1 euro Ryanair ticket and "miss your flight and go home")

Well I'm flying to London next Friday as it happens so I will check them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

cgarrad wrote: »

That's 1st gen. I'm assuming the OP wants the latest and greatest :D

If youre a student you could check the education store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If you're going to London you might want to pick one up there (most UK airports have a Dixons travel, I think LHR, LGW, STN do, LCY doesn't). Dixons UK are even slightly cheaper than Dixons DUB (depending on the exchange rate you pay). Only risk is they might not have them in stock... Here are the prices of the iPad2 in Dixons travel UK (taken today in Birmingham but prices should be same in London). Btw I just realized that your originally quoted €455 is very competitive, was that for an iPad2 or the 1st gen iPad? da980

flyguy wrote: »
    If you're going to London you might want to pick one up there (most UK airports have a Dixons travel, I think LHR, LGW, STN do, LCY doesn't). Dixons UK are even slightly cheaper than Dixons DUB (depending on the exchange rate you pay). Only risk is they might not have them in stock... Here are the prices of the iPad2 in Dixons travel UK (taken today in Birmingham but prices should be same in London). Btw I just realized that your originally quoted €455 is very competitive, was that for an iPad2 or the 1st gen iPad? da980

Thanks for that, very useful. I rang Dixons Dub airport, they have it for €451 which compares favourably to the UK Birmingham price.

The €455 I quoted included 5% cashback on the apple.com store through fatcheese (its an Ipad 2) but that 5% is now 2% since 1st August and doesnt apply to ipads (maybe the 5% didnt either, I have just noticed it in the small print)

BTW the local authorised Apple dealer to me is selling the same product for €549.99!!!

Advertisement