Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skilled Migration Visa Question?

Options
  • 25-07-2011 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello

Am using Ausfis to get visa for Australia, Have enough points and am at the stage where i need to pay 1300 for first step. Only problem is while i have 15 years experience on-site as brickie I have no qualifications on paper. Does any body know will this stand against me. What are they looking for or what would i need to get?

Is there anyone out there who has similar experience who could help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

As long as you can prove you have more than 7 years experience then you don't need papers. Your agent should know that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 little g

Thanks Aido79

Didn't want to tell Ausfis in case it ruled me out was hoping to blag me way. What sort of proof would it be as i am self employed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

are you sure this crowd are legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

from browsing online..... there seems to be alot of speculation that they could be a scam!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

If they're not registered with mara then forget about them. Look at the mara website and see if they are on it. As regards being self employee they will probably look for all your accounts and stuff at some stage. You are better off being upfront with your agent. Its not up to them to grant your visa. Its up to a case officer at a later stage so if you lie then thats when it may come back to bite you and it'll be alot of time and money wasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Solid advice from aido, don't try to 'blag' your way in be unfront and honest, a migration agent is there to help, not grant your visa.

Well how would you prove you worked for 7 years? Any contracts, wages, tax returns, company papers etc would be a start

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭LizOHagan

Hello little g

Please check out the requirements for skill assessments for bricklayers as it changed last December and then review the new skilled visa criteria that came in on July 1st 2011.

Depending on your age you may need taxable evidence for the last 8 years of work experience as a Bricklayer. Employer/Contractor references will not suffice you will need tax documents as well. Please also note you will need at least 4 years working as an apprentice/trainee under the employment of someone else and then to satisfy the new points requirements your work experience must be after this initial 4 years. So for many people (not all) it is now 12 years of employment that is required.

Always check the criteria before handing over any money and ONLY use a MARA registered agent - just because a company looks big and wonderful on the internet does not mean the person you will be dealing with is MARA registered. Before you use an agent you are looking at at least a 4,000 euro investment due to the increased skill assessment and visa application charges so you need to be 100% sure of the qualifications and experience of a visa agent before handing over ANY additional money.

Best of luck, Liz

Advertisement