Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring MVC experiences

Options
  • 25-07-2011 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,

In my company the majority of the applications that are in production have been developed with Struts (1.3) deployed on weblogic.

I'm involved in an effort to move to Spring (mvc,security) for new applications.

It's been going well and have got to a stage where we have a basic custom template configured in Springsource Tool Suite that allows other developers to quickly get a new project up and running.

Just wondering about the experiences of other developers \ teams have had using Spring particularly the MVC offering?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

I used Spring on a number of projects and I found it very useful. I would recommend the training they provide (4 day core training) very useful to get a handle on it, there are also quite a few good book (only 1 or 2 on Spring 3.x).

I used Spring MVC on one very big project, the only thing I would have done differently would be to look at webflow if you have complex forms its the way to go (only learned this too late and had to do a lot more work to get MVC to do what we wanted).

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭deco_b

Thanks for the feedback. Was looking at the training courses over the weekend wondering if they would be worth doing. Just have to convince the right people!

I think a few books (Pro Spring 3, Spring in Action, Spring in Practice) are on order here. Any other recommendations?

Will definitely keep in mind the point about webflow. Need to get some time to understand it but I know we'll have projects where for example a multi page registration \ application process is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

deco_b wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. Was looking at the training courses over the weekend wondering if they would be worth doing. Just have to convince the right people!

I think a few books (Pro Spring 3, Spring in Action, Spring in Practice) are on order here. Any other recommendations?

Will definitely keep in mind the point about webflow. Need to get some time to understand it but I know we'll have projects where for example a multi page registration \ application process is needed.

They should be a good introduction. The training is fairy expensive, but they will give reductions if there are a few people doing it. Best of luck with it

Advertisement