Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need a 250GB?

Options
  • 25-07-2011 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I'm buying an XBox but don't know which I should get, the 4GB or 250 GB? what would I need the storage for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

New game content, installing games (quicker speeds when loading) and some games won't let you play online with the 4GB model.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

I'd definitely advise going for the 250GB of those two options. I can honestly say that I would never see myself having need of the full 250GB on the current consoles personally (on a 60GB original model at the moment), but I would use a good bit more than the inbuilt 4GB in the HDD-less consoles currently available, so with them being the only 2 options, 250GB would be the only answer for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

dermotcla wrote: »
    I'm buying an XBox but don't know which I should get, the 4GB or 250 GB? what would I need the storage for?

The 4Gb model is basically for anyone who doesn't have the internet connected to their console. Even then, I'd still recommend everyone to by the 250Gb version, if only to install all your games to the HDD for smoother, cooler and quieter gaming.

In summary, don't by the 4Gb model!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

who doesn't need one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

250GB model is excessive but then the 4GB model is seriously space deficient. Given those options it's gotta to be 250GB. Better to have space you don't need then need space you don't have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

ah jus better off with the 250

ive 120gb free left on my 250 and i only installed games some demos really, but stuff adds up when u go online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

most games you get now when you go online there will be an update to download before you can go online to fix bugs and glitches that were found and patched. if you dont download these you wont be able to go on XBL ive one game installed on my 20gb xbox which took up 4gb and the HDD is full from just having updates, saves and 1 map pack

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Game are offerring the limited edition GOW3 320gb console for €174.99, catch is you need to trade in a 250gb 360 slim.

JD1763 wrote: »
    Game are offerring the limited edition GOW3 320gb console for €174.99, catch is you need to trade in a 250gb 360 slim.

€174.99 for an extra 70Gb of storage and a paint job on upgrade! Seriously??? Who's going to be stupid enough to think that's an opportunity they can't miss out on ;) Sure, it's a pretty console but not that pretty!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn1lJPtiEUgNiXWeUOR4WVT-jY4WAmWxTEnv6nqKpR0ZRjGd-elA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Agreed thats not much of a deal at all TBH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Its gas when you see it, theres this big yellow bubble with €174.99 in flashing lights and then this tiny tiny small print (wasn't wearing my glasses) about the trade in. And here I was thinking €174.99! SOLD - ill take it right now thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

€174.99 for an extra 70Gb of storage and a paint job on upgrade! Seriously??? Who's going to be stupid enough to think that's an opportunity they can't miss out on ;) Sure, it's a pretty console but not that pretty!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn1lJPtiEUgNiXWeUOR4WVT-jY4WAmWxTEnv6nqKpR0ZRjGd-elA

.....plus an extra controller and a copy of gears of war 3.Not saying all this makes it the bargain of the century or anything but does add to the value of it.It still is a very nice but overly expensive paint job.

punk77 wrote: »
    .....plus an extra controller and a copy of gears of war 3.Not saying all this makes it the bargain of the century or anything but does add to the value of it.It still is a very nice but overly expensive paint job.

Do you not get two controllers with a standard 360 S 350Gb these days???

It's true I forgot to mention the game, so if you were going to buy GoW3 anyway, you'd only be paying an extra €130 for 70Gb of extra storage and a paint job!

Nope, it's still crap value! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Do you not get two controllers with a standard 360 S 350Gb these days???

It's true I forgot to mention the game, so if you were going to buy GoW3 anyway, you'd only be paying an extra €130 for 70Gb of extra storage and a paint job!

Nope, it's still crap value! :D

Didn't know there was a standard 360S 350 GB :D but afaik the standard 360S 250gb only comes with 1 controller. I'm not saying it's good value just wanted to add in the bits you omitted which make it 90e for 70gb and a face lift :)

Advertisement