Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting HD TV to Stereo amp

• 25-07-2011 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Got a new Samsung HD TV + HD Box recently and wanted to know how to go about connecting this up to my stereo Amp?

The TV has a multitude of connections available on the back of it.

The Amp is part of a Hi Fi seperates set up.

Also, is there any way to do this wireless? The stereo and TV are at opposite sides of the room. I could move the stereo easy enough, but i like the location of each and i want to see if it's an option.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

You could probably take the audio from the headphone socket on the TV to a line (AUX ?) input on the amplifier.

As for wireless maybe some sort of Bluetooth RX/TX setup might do ? Range is limited to about 30 feet for most and the quality is just OK. Tried to search for something to suggest but nearly everything that I find is to do with an iPhone or iPod !! Though I am sure there is something available to suit you needs !!

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Cheapest wireless option is an iTrip type device and receive it on the FM tuner.
    A video sender could also be used and these are readily available.

Advertisement