Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HPS ammo

• 25-07-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi lads and lassie's,

I'm looking for HPS .308 155gr ammo.

Who has some in stock at the moment???

NO Jim doesn't!!

Thanks

Fish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭T.H.308

Try John Kavanagh of fingal sports, he usually has some and is great to deal with. PH#087-6654469.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

+1 on john. He usually gets in some from time to time.

I also heard that Jim McBride sometimes gets it in, but i honestly couldn't say that with certainty.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Tried John and no joy :(

Up in the big smoke over the next couple of days so if there was any one inside the pale with some...

Contact Intershoot or demonloop here. They work/own intershoot in the North and always carry a supply of HPS ammo. An import can be done within a few days, and all it'd cost is your fuel up.

Might seem like a long or hard process, but its really not.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Wouldn't be worth while as the "powers that be" decided in their wisdom that I should only have 100 rnds of 308 and 1000 of 223 and 1000 of 22 and 1000 of 12gauge... F**kiung geniuses :mad:

I know I'm just being an awkward bugger now

• Advertisement

Get it changed. I know it won't be done in the next week or so, but you can have 250 for hunting and over 750 for target work.

I've 1,500 on mine.

Reason for use was target work and I sought 1500 hoping for 1000 but was only given 100, spoke to FO and he reckoned :rolleyes: ... :(. I'll trey them again but I half know what the answer will be!!!:mad:

The ammo amounts are not an entitlement, but its part of their beloved guidelines so throw that at them. Start smaller even. If you know 1,500 is too much then go with something like 750 and settle with 500. Honestly though 100 is fairly useless to ya.

Should have seen the face on my FO when i asked for 5,000 on my .22lr. :D

well was hoping for 1000.

did he look something like:

shocked-Monkey.jpg

;):D:D:D

Pretty much.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭leupold90

Anyone know when Tackle Shop will have it in stock again?

about 6 weeks :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

HPS are at Bisley lads, so if any of the dealers are out of stock, it will be a while before they can get more.

HPS is only a 4/5 man band, and 3 of the band go to Bisley this time every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Sorry for going off thread

Is Sam gone with them?
    Trying to contact him 4 days now regarding a purchase and no reply to E-mail:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

Sam was in Aberdeen all weekend at the Scottish championships, I'd say he's working his way through the emails today, like we all are ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭intershoot

Sorry for going off thread

Is Sam gone with them?
    Trying to contact him 4 days now regarding a purchase and no reply to E-mail:confused:

Ive been puttin slurry out ye big numpty.......ye got no phone ye tight wad offaly git! ;)

I'll sort that other thing out......few months till turkey season yet!

If I was a twat I could take exception to all this negetive feedback, and insist my name never be mentioned on these pages again!! :rolleyes:

Or I'll come sit outside yer doorstep :pac::pac::pac:

oh dear......I think I've cracked a rib laffin!!

Oh yes........155gr Targetmaster always in stock!!! ;)

intershoot wrote: »
    Oh yes........155gr Targetmaster always in stock!!! ;)

but not worth the drive up for 100 rounds :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

If I was a twat I could take exception to all this negetive feedback

Hmmmmm, IF.....?:rolleyes:

(Sorry couldn't resist! Tee Hee):D

Good to hear Sam that you were not gored by a Belgian Blue!

Got yer mail and replied post haste!

@FS
    Buddy up with mates, spilt cost of diesel/purtrel and head North.
    100 rounds will keep you going for a while. If your mates also buy stuff the cost of fuel is minimal say 4 ways

I struggle to afford 100 rounds of .308 these IMF days :eek:

So any one on for a trip up to SAM mid week??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Shane.sf

Wouldn't be worth while as the "powers that be" decided in their wisdom that I should only have 100 rnds of 308 and 1000 of 223 and 1000 of 22 and 1000 of 12gauge... F**kiung geniuses :mad:

I know I'm just being an awkward bugger now

Same as that I got 500 on my 223, 500 on my shotgun and 100 for my .22. Couldn't really understand why

Word from the tackle shop is that new HPS will be in in 2 weeks.

and so the count down begins....

Knowing the tackle shop it could be a long countdown...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭intershoot

well I do know Jim Griffin should have them in two weeks! ;)

well I do know Jim Griffin should have them in two weeks! ;)

good, thanks for your parcel.
    any sign of you getting a website?

with Prices in €€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

good, thanks for your parcel.
    any sign of you getting a website?

with Prices in €€

xe.com is your friend/

xe.com is your friend/

Nope IWM
    I don't want a variable rate.
    Fixed price for say 6 months on website and a review after that.

I was in sammy's shop and he has lots of cool she-it but feck all down here now about him or his products ;)

Including his non Target Specific stuff ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Nope IWM
    I don't want a variable rate.
    Fixed price for say 6 months on website and a review after that.

I was in sammy's shop and he has lots of cool she-it but feck all down here now about him or his products ;)

Including his non Target Specific stuff ;)

That's just going to screw him or you at various points because exchange rates aren't fixed, and Sam has no interest in doing either. Sterling works and it's not exactly complicated to get the exchange rate on the day and figure out what it'll cost.

• Advertisement

That's just going to screw him or you at various points because exchange rates aren't fixed, and Sam has no interest in doing either. Sterling works and it's not exactly complicated to get the exchange rate on the day and figure out what it'll cost.

Or of course Pound for € would suit me.

But that is not my main point, my point is WEBSITE of Products.
    If Sam was very clever he would have a £ and € price listed that would auto update with exchange rate.

I have seen it on several other sites.
    Lots of computer Guru's out there that could make it happen ;)

Do ya hear me Sam Website :D
    Most might not know you can supply Remington parts, Lillja barrels, Standard ammo as well as HPS
    And even a roll of cammo tape and a Bronze Brush delivered to me yesterday from Intershoot along with my Remington Turkey Choke ;)
    Cheers Sam :)

Okay lads just got a message from Jim Griffin to say he has HPS in stock now. I asked for a price list and his permission to post it up here so if anyone is looking for it he has it now and here are the prices/calibers available. All boxes of ammo are 50 rounds per box;

.220 Swift

52gr Hornady A-Max - €99

69gr Sierra MatchKing - €40

174gr Sierra MatchKing - €43

155gr Sierra MatchKing - €55
    168gr Sierra MatchKing - €65
    175gr Sierra MatchKing - €65

150gr Nosler Ballistic Tip - €99

• Registered Users Posts: 45 theelous3

Ezridax wrote: »
    The ammo amounts are not an entitlement, but its part of their beloved guidelines so throw that at them. Start smaller even. If you know 1,500 is too much then go with something like 750 and settle with 500. Honestly though 100 is fairly useless to ya.

Should have seen the face on my FO when i asked for 5,000 on my .22lr. :D

I put down 10'000 on my .308 just too see what'd happen.
    Was given 1000.

First rifle, first licence. Delighted.

Anybody know if those prices above are still current?
    I have a feeling the 155g's are now €59.99 but I'm not sure. Either way, it's only .005 cent more expensive than the 150g Remy UMC ammo. I'm shooting on a budget here :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭ruger1894c

I think its 62 for 155grain hps and 70 for 168 grain

Advertisement