Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amika Hair Ceramic Styler

• 25-07-2011 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi I bought an Amika Ceramic Straightners for my daughter last year from a girl on a stand in the centre aisle of Liffey valley shopping centre. She told me that we could get a new striaghtners any time any where in the world if this one got broken. I havent seen the stand there recently and I'm wondering if and where I can get my replacement straightners as this one got broken at the gaeltacht last week!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Amika website lists the address info@loveamika.com

Try dropping them an email and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I read about these before on some forum and apparently you will only have a lifetime warranty if they gave you a lifetime warranty certificate with your straightener, if not then it's just a 1 year warranty I think.

If you look online a lifetime warranty can be purchased seperately and some sellers of Amika sell them with the lifetime warranty and some with only a 1 year warranty so dig out your receipt to check because if you don't have it in writing then you could be unlucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sweeney Todd

Cheers I'l do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I've noticed the stand gone from Jervis in the last week, but I did see it in Liffey Valley three weeks ago...I hope they're not gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

The stand was there in Liffey Valley yesterday morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sweeney Todd

swervring wrote: »
    The stand was there in Liffey Valley yesterday morning :)
    Thanks for that. I check there at the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 claresey

I know you said you have the straightener but Im thinking of buying the curling wand as I have a few weddings / hen nights coming up & thought it would do me as I usually go for a curly blow-dry in the hairdressers but Im just wondering if anyone can tell me if they have an AMika one & how good they are.
    I have over the years bought Babyliss & toni & guys ones but theyre too slow & awkward at the back. A girl I know told me the Amika one is brill but I want more votes before I invest!
    Thanks a mill.
    C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mila07

well if you wanna get a great flat iron, I recommend the one I use it's the Karmin G3 Salon Pro, it causes less damage than the others, it leaves the hair soft, shiny, frizz less and very straight, I love it!!
    5129d1302108173-15-coupon-hairtools-ca-g3pro-pk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I hope you found the stand but they moved to the other side of Jervis that time. I would recommend the curling wand, I have curling my hair down to 20 mins with a slow straightener & have to use a ridiculous amount of hairspray too, with the Amika one I'm done in 10 mins and no hairspray required. I curl my hair all the time now when I'm bored of it because it's so quick & easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

The wand is brill well worth the price. I have long straight hair, and it gives me natural looking curls in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 orlasue

How much is the Amika Curl Wand? and do you know where in Cork City i'd get a set?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I think I paid about 120ish for mine, can't remember but they are well worth the price tag. Can't help you in where to buy it though, they usually have stands in shopping centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 orlasue

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭madamab

hi was at the horseshow today and they are selling the wands for a 100euro with a lifetime warranty certificate - I picked up the job on gumtree - they are over from the uk - they are going like hot cakes I cannot believe it myself as they are a luxury purchase = if anyone wants to come in and buy one I can get you in pm me and I wll give you my number to call me tomorrow to get you in. They are selling like hot cakes - even Mammys with little girls buying them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anne Griffin

I bought a straightener from the same stand on 1st April this year and now one of the plates is not working. I took it back today with the original receipt and they refused to replace it saying it was not a genuine amika straightener and they were the ones that sold it to me. Any ideas what I can do now?

Advertisement