Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies Soccer teams advice needed

Options
  • 25-07-2011 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I played soccer for 2 1/2 years but gave it up due to my leaving cert. Now that im done with my exams, i want to get back to playing the game. Are there any good recommended ladies teams that i would be able to join. I used to play for Colga. Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

http://www.sportsmanager.ie/cake/gaa2/galwayfa/league/24193/senior_league

colga still doin ok!

Have a look at the club directory for contacts on the same site as link..im sure someone on here has more info..

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Lexii307

Thanks. They are a good team but i didn't feel like i really fitted in and they didn't have a women's team at the time. I was nearly a year ahead of their oldest team so it didn't really work out for me and i was hoping to play with a women team with a bit of experience too. I like the challenge of a new team as well. I miss it a lot and am dying to get back in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Where are ya based? Loughrea now have a team, Colga are currently sitting in 3rd on the table. Salthill have a serious team and they are leading the league. Oranbay and Corrib Rangers might be options?

I imagine St. Bernards, Tuam Celtic and Corofin are too far north for ya.

Around Clarinbridge. I could make my way to salthill devon or Renmore if needed but Tuam is a bit too far. As long as the team is reasonably good im prepared to travel that extra bit

• Advertisement

Lexii307 wrote: »
    Around Clarinbridge. I could make my way to salthill devon or Renmore if needed but Tuam is a bit too far. As long as the team is reasonably good im prepared to travel that extra bit

Renmore are no more by the way. It was a sad end to a team that had been around a while. Colga or Loughrea are your best bet I'd say. Both are decent teams doing well in the league.

If you go to Salthill Devon and make their team then fair fecks to ya! When I played with Cregmore, they fielded their "b" team and they absolutely trashed us. I dunno if Ashe Rovers are still playing. They are near Mervue too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Colga and ashe rovers joined together as far as i know so the teams pretty strong now ..salthill very strong and great set up..

Ya im in it to give it all i got, so i want to be on a strong team. I remember playing against salthill devon and got trashed. We didn't have many players in that category so we ended up having like a 5 a side thing and 4 of their players were on the irish squad. Id love the opportunity to play with them if i could, but they are basically the best team and the toughest. Id give it a fair shot though :D

brutes1 wrote: »
    Colga and ashe rovers joined together as far as i know so the teams pretty strong now ..salthill very strong and great set up..

Really? That was a smart move. Ashe were always a very strong team and last year they drew 4 4 with Salthill in a cracker of a match!

Advertisement