Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I make a claim from vhi for a semiprivate 1200 euro?

• 25-07-2011 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi, I just delivered a baby and back to home.

As a semiprivate patient, I paid 1200 euro to the hospital. Does anyone know that if I can make a claim from the vhi about the 1200?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I don't think so, when I got a quote for Semi-private and Private, I think the amount I had to pay was €1500 for Semi and €3000 for Private (in Waterford). I think this is the portion you pay yourself. At the time I had Quinn Essential Plus No Excess (!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

As fair as I am aware you can claim for that on your Med1 form...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You can claim some of it back,check your policy.
    I can claim 500 of it back so as a result semi private has been free for me both times,then claim the balance against your med1 if you pay tax,if not then your husbands med1 if he does.

Also -
    OMG 1200!!!!
    Was that in Mount Carmel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭idayang

Thanks a lot!
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I would contact the vhi with your policy details and they will be able to tell you what your policy covers and send out a claim form.
    Photo copy all you bills as vhi need the originals.
    When you get any money due back from vhi you then fill out a med one form which will give you some money back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement