Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1942 Server Setup help?

Options
  • 25-07-2011 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

As I am new here but, not new to forums, I do know how to act. I just didn't know how/where to place this request ... I really would highly appreciate any help I can receive on this. Thank you in advance.

I would like to modify my demo server (wake island) in bf 1942

I started hosting an 8 player server ... I can't really play because I have to keep entering commands and people with high pings come in and so forth ...

I would like to set it automatically to:

1- autobalanceteams
    2- turn the team kills off
    3- place guns in different locations
    4- make the jeeps and planes take off faster
    5- have friendly fire on so that my team can't hurt eachother or the vehicles while we're in them
    6- spread the tanks/jeeps/planes out in different areas
    7- have less AA guns
    8- add more ammo to the rounds instead of 30, make it 50
    9- make the axis medic a thompson also

I want this to be a mature server.

Thanks guys. I've been searchign for a while. I am very good with computers just don't know which downloads/files to edit.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://wiki.hlsw.net/index.php/BF1942_Server_Admin_FAQ

For all your non modded server needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mamba334

Ok ... thanks?

I'm at work and can't view this link. I was hoping someone would just reply?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Advertisement

Mamba334 wrote: »
    I'm at work and can't view this link. I was hoping someone would just reply?

Thats a complete guide to setting up and running a server.

The extra parts you asked are a bit different. Not impossible but not straightforward, you should get rhe server running the way you want it then work on the extra ammo and removal of guns.

Okay Spear, thanks but am I supposed to download ALL these tools? A 13 year old can do it why can't I? lol

Once I download these things, is it self explainatory?

Ok Dream, so I need to download 10 tool kits and then I'm lost ... ?

You'll need to edit the maps data, the class data, the weapon data etc. I suspect you've underestimated the level of work involved.

I don't mind putting in the extra elbo-greese to edit the settings, but once I download the tools, I need to know all the codes and so forth to do it? I'll download them as soon as I get home but I just don't wanna mess the server up putting in the wrong codes.

• Advertisement

They'll have docs and manuals with them. The editing may prove easier than the packaging of the mod and trying to get all the players to install it though.

Okay, so once I modify the server and go to create game ... people that join my server won't see the changes?

I don't really want to mod the WHOLE map ... just add a few things here and there and set the commands in stone before I play. That's it really.

Players will still need matching files, so you'll still need to have them install a mod on their end first. These aren't purely server side configuration changes.

This is for the Demo though ... when I join other servers that are modded, I can see all the changes and I just have 1.0 version installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

You can server side mod some stuff in BF, to manage your server theres nothing better than Black Bag Ops Server Manager.

You know...I have been trying to download that thing forever now! I can't find it...every link is broken that I search in google. If I download that one thing will it let me do what I want to do or do I need to do all this other stuff too?

I downloaded this battlefield 1942 server manager and it said to just edit the settings in the .con files ... I did that and went into the game and all it said in the console was ...error

Ok, that is for the FULL game ... I have DEMO. It says that I need the exe.file for the full version to use that Battlefield 1942 Server Manager thing. Forget it, I'm lost.

Ok, ? about Friendly Fire ... I set it to 0 and I set it to 100% .... either way there is a lot of team killing going on. Friendly Fire has nothing to do with team killing? I tried to enter punish mode where it ask you if you'd like to forgive or punish the person, but that command doesn't work. Half of the commands don't work! I am admin and I press ~ then admin."the command" but half of them say error when you enter them in. I type in admin.autobalanceteam 1 and tried to enter admin.autobalanceteam 0 none of which worked out!

The only ones I can get to work are:

game.listplayers
    admin.banplayer #
    admin.kickplayer #

trying to make it where when a teammate shoots me, it doesn't hurt me. and want to make teams even and the last one would be to vote to punish/forgive team killer. or autoban team killer after say ... 3 kills

Any help?

All the answers you need are on the net. Not being short but theres nothing new here that hasnt been discussed to death on the interwebs already.

• Advertisement

Well, I assumed this is what this site was for? Help? But ok, I got you. I'll go elsewhere. I will not be back to your site. Thanks.

Erm wasnt really saying that. You'll learn far more by going and digging around yourself tbh.

TheFairy wrote: »
    Erm wasnt really saying that. You'll learn far more by going and digging around yourself tbh.

awww look what you did!!!

go sit in the corner and think about your actions :pac:

Advertisement