Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing mortgage payment from direct debit to standing order

Options
  • 25-07-2011 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried to change mortgage payment from direct debit to standing order? How did you get on if so?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Has anyone tried to change mortgage payment from direct debit to standing order? How did you get on if so?

What benefit would you get by baying via standing order? Im not even sure if they are available as a payment method these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

What is the thinking behind this?

There should be no real difficulty doing this, some loans have a condition that you pay by direct debit but really if you cancel it there is not too much they can do about it. Direct debits are preferred by the banks as they are under their control, standing orders are under your control. The direct debit will change automatically if there is any alteration in interest rate or TRS, the standing order will have to be amended each time by yourself with the bank.

I can't see any really benefit unless you want to pay an amount other than the agreed monthly repayment for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

i cancelled my direct debit last year and got the account details so i could lodge money to it weekly. no problem at all from AIB

Advertisement