Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

scissor type gates

• 25-07-2011 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hello all,
    Changing cattle at the wkend and as usual they go mad and run all over the place. We have to run them in by the back of the house. So im wondering does anyone know if you can get fold-able type gates that could be fitted between a wall and the wall of the house?

Im not sure if an ordinary swinging gate would work due to the back door of the house being very near where I want to put the gate so thats why im wondering can gates be got that sort of fold up to one side and pull out when you need them?

Thanks,
    westlander

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭cjpm

Get a local handy fella to make an overhead gate.

You know the ones, a pivot bolted to both walls about 6''6" off the ground, with a pipe running between them.

Then the gate is then welded below the pipe and some ballast is welded above it in order to provide a counter weight to help lift it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Block the gap temporaily with tractor and trailer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Hard to beat having a few auld pallets lying around the place, when you are moving cattle;)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭westlander

Muckit wrote: »
    Block the gap temporaily with tractor and trailer

Tractor & mower was in 1 place. Van was in another gap (they broke the tail light). Dustbins and ladder in another spot.

Lucky sometimes then other times not so lucky :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

You should train your cattle to an electric fence. My cattle are so afraid of it that all I have to do when moving them is tie a piece of white fence tape across any open gaps. They won't go within 2 foot of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭weefarmer

reilig wrote: »
    You should train your cattle to an electric fence. My cattle are so afraid of it that all I have to do when moving them is tie a piece of white fence tape across any open gaps. They won't go within 2 foot of it.

I have a fence on a reel its very handy at times to get yhem out gates, tie it onto something solid and let it lie loose on ground then when they are close pull it tight and they have nowhere to go but forward.

Advertisement