Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reason 6 on the way

Options
  • 25-07-2011 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

http://www.propellerheads.se/reason6/

Now Reason will combine all the stuff from Record with the existing Reason stuff, with more of the usual great Reason stuff.

I have a bandmate who swears by Reason for synthesising and sequencing but I've always been put off by how you couldn't work with audio as well as MIDI (I love how I can do this in Ableton Live). Wondering if Reason 6 will even things up a bit from my point of view?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AdsKen

Surprised that they have advertised this so soon after releasing version 5, version 4 was as far as i got with it but i used to love it since it was the first proper DAW i had used.

I'll probably get the demo to see what its like but highly doubt i'll buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

AdsKen wrote: »
    Surprised that they have advertised this so soon after releasing version 5, version 4 was as far as i got with it but i used to love it since it was the first proper DAW i had used.

4 wasn't really a DAW though was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AdsKen

El Pr0n wrote: »
    4 wasn't really a DAW though was it?

Well i considered it one as i was using Ejay before that!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

It's definitely more appealing now. I'm using alot more hardware recently so don't need the VST support. Record / Reason Essentials might be a great tool for capturing hardware 'jams', arranging them and mixing down. Supposedly the summing and bus compression are excellent.

Anybody have any experience using it this way?

Advertisement