Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

brinty wrote: »
    has anyone ordered the "No Hope Left-Special Edition" version of the game
    Ordered it in ,my local gamestop start of the month, very happy :D

What does that come with?
    I thought the release date was originally Feb 2013 but got pushed forward to Oct 2012.
    Hate it when games get put back, but being put forward can't be good either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Yeah when is this out?

October 2nd.
    What does that come with?

34ytq.jpg

Does this mean that we're not getting the version that has the download codes for RE4, CV and the RE5 DLC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Does this mean that we're not getting the version that has the download codes for RE4, CV and the RE5 DLC?

Would love a hardcopy of RE4 & CV, but alas they are only online buys.

RE5 has the Gold Edition, I picked a copy of this up on Sunday for €18 new in Gamestop, has all the DLC (to download from XBLA), I suggest everyone to pick up a copy if you haven't all ready.

Anyone know if there is any pre-order bonuses with RE6?
    I see there is a Metal case with a map on Amazon, but are HMV, Gamestop or Smyths doing anything???

Anyone know if there is any pre-order bonuses with RE6?

I think it's just different Mercenaries maps from different retailers. I'm sure they'll be available to all before long.

GAME have a different collector's edition:

ResidentEvilCollectorsEdition.jpg

• Advertisement

I can never understand what people see in this useless accessories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I can never understand what people see in this useless accessories.

Aside from clothing, I agree. The needlebomb box is really silly!
    sheehy83 wrote: »

And...sold! Only joking, you'd be insane to spend that to get a game a month early.

Saw Notorioux/naughtix playing the resi 6 demo a while ago. Its out today if you bought a certain game or out 18th sept for everyone else

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Saw Notorioux/naughtix playing the resi 6 demo a while ago. Its out today if you bought a certain game or out 18th sept for everyone else
    Which game is that then?

• Advertisement

Which game is that then?

Dragons Dogma I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Three weeks to go, the fear is building...

I know this isn't about survival horror anymore but being able to run into a group of zombies throwing roundhouse kicks that explodes their heads looks ridiculous. Conana had some funny parts in that vid tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

So this has been pushed back to the Tuesday has it?

Must say I'm really disappointed with the special editions. All the stuff is useless. I mean if the hoodies were someway nice then that'd be one thing but......its just all crap.

Two weeks....The time is almost upon us...

Kinda dreading it now, cos i think that its going to be epic or absolute ***t

Also considering not getting the NHL edition now - have a €50 deposit down so might just get the norma SE version or steelbook version (it should have all the DLC and games, which is all i really want)

Also found on Amazon an anthology version..i might just wait and get this as you'll get loads of extra's and versions 1-4 of the game, The non-PS3 editions.. never played 1-3 on PS so would love to try them out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

When this went from survival horror with one bullet and 4 zombies outside the door to more action based was the day i stopped playing was my all time favourite game years ago but now its just tripe!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Want to get that archives edition for 360.

Anyone know will this be available in regular shops here?

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Gonna check it out at the weekend with gamestop

So what does everyone think of the demo?

I really enjoyed Leon's section, shooting bits off the zombies was very satisfying. Chris's part was thoroughly underwhelming, I got pretty bored. Jake's campaign seems interesting, the climbing reminded me of Uncharted! So yeah, Leon's bit is the only one I'm really excited to play at the moment.

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »

Gonna check it out at the weekend with gamestop

Bah, according to ign thats the North American deal. We get the one with the hoody etc.

http://m.ie.ign.com/wikis/resident-evil-6/Special_Editions

Any hardcore Resident Evil fan will have hard copies of all those and more already. So its a bit irrelevant.

Just played Leon's section of the demo there. Its pretty tight. Nice throwback to the police station I thought.

The new movement stuff is interesting. Gonna leave the other characters until tomorrow.

Also, I'm glad Capcom got pressured into letting the player turn off the HUD.

Over my dead body will I ever have a checkpoint/objective marker on my RE screen all the time. First thing I did was turn that nonsense off.

Rob2D wrote: »
    Any hardcore Resident Evil fan will have hard copies of all those and more already. So its a bit irrelevant.

The relevance is that i like to get them on different formats. If that's alright. More than i want any of the other stuff, anyway.

I just finished playing the demo. I was not impressed at all. Leon's part was average but the other two were fairly poor. A bland third person shooter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Eh, do I need to be a gold member on XBLA to play this free demo????

Eh, do I need to be a gold member on XBLA to play this free demo????

Yeah, it'll be available for Silver members next week.

The relevance is that i like to get them on different formats. If that's alright. More than i want any of the other stuff, anyway.

That's what I meant by more. Most will already have several versions of these games already.

Demo was hugely uninspiring.

They have actually deviated even further again and I'm seriously hating this HUD.

Demo was hugely uninspiring.

They have actually deviated even further again and I'm seriously hating this HUD.

You can turn the HUD off though; the fans pressured them into it apparently. I'm glad they did because I hate it too and its much better without it.

I liked Leon's section, but I could take or leave the rest of it to be honest.

I'm finding the new movement quite fun. Played some co-op with a friend and we had great craic running around power sliding underneath tables and things :p

• Advertisement

Rob2D wrote: »
    You can turn the HUD off though; the fans pressured them into it apparently. I'm glad they did because I hate it too and its much better without it.

That's not like them...listening to the fans opinion like.

Advertisement