Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork Rock Band Anyone?

• 25-07-2011 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Been trying to set up some sort of hard rock/metal band in Cork (city area) for a long time now, and have set up many a thread here looking for musicians, but I'm going to give it once last shot before I give up for a while.

Is there anyone in the Cork area who wants to put together some sort of hard rock band? I'm 19, been playing guitar for 7 years can play lead and rhythm etc. I'm big into stuff like Iron Maiden, Airbourne, Dio, Y and T, Metallica, Black Stone Cherry. Don't let my preferences put you off if you are into different stuff though, I'd be willing to play anything within the hard rock/metal area.

Looking for anybody else who might be interested, bass players, drummers, singers, guitarists. Lets just see how many people are interested and see where we can go from there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭numb3r

I been playing guitar for over three years now and have a wealth of hard rock originals to bring to a band. i would be very interested in this project if you manage to find the other musicians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

are you looking to do covers or originals?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 kb123

Would like to lead to originals really, but obviously covers would be played at the start to sharpen up etc. And probably be included in live sets (if we manage to get gigging) until there is enough strong original material to fill a setlist.

Bumping this. I have some recordings of my own original stuff (and some bits and pieces of covers). If anyone is interested in having a listen and seeing the style of stuff I write, send me a PM with e-mail address and I can forward on the recordings!

Ideally looking for a bass player, drummer, 2nd guitarist, singer. Particularly a bass player and drummer ASAP! Preferably in the 18-24 age bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 igradar

pm sent!

• Advertisement

BUMP!

REBUMP :)

Bump!

Anyone interested at all?

Advertisement