Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant query

Options
  • 25-07-2011 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Got confirmation of my grant today. Anyone got any idea what category A1 is??
    Cant find any break up of the categories on Dublin council website and studentfinances.ie doesnt seem to exist anymore!

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Perplexed22

PTO wrote: »
    Got confirmation of my grant today. Anyone got any idea what category A1 is??
    Cant find any break up of the categories on Dublin council website and studentfinances.ie doesnt seem to exist anymore!

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Hi ya

An A1 is an adjacent 100% maintenance grant. It is worth €1250 for the academic year usually paid in three instalments plus your student contribution of €2,000. See page 39 of the Student Grant Scheme 2011 http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/Student%20Grant%20Scheme%202011.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PTO

Thanks Perplexed. Saw that chart earlier but I didnt know whether A1 was the bottom or top of it!! Thanks for your help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ElaineScottt

I was also approved for an A1 grant but was late applying for it and subsequently paid the college my 2,000 euro, in the hope I would get it back. I recieved my first payment into my bank yesterday and i'm just wondering if anyone knows the procedure from here on in ie, when and how much will i be paid? Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PTO

Once the college gets paid the fees, they should reimburse you the money that you payed. It varies from council to council as to how long it takes though. Dublin VEC are notoriously slow!! As far as I know it has to be done by the end of the college year which is May/June!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I was also approved for an A1 grant but was late applying for it and subsequently paid the college my 2,000 euro, in the hope I would get it back. I recieved my first payment into my bank yesterday and i'm just wondering if anyone knows the procedure from here on in ie, when and how much will i be paid? Thank you. :)

Contact the college fees office

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement