Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Symmetry C&C

• 25-07-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭

5975044416_02d7898504_z.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Are you looking for comment or critique?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Is that Tarbert Island ESB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Ballyman wrote: »
    Is that Tarbert Island ESB?
    It is Tarbert. So sorry. Forgot to put C&C. Would appreciate any advice on improvements etc.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It's a nice shot but it is a bit empty. Emptiness is not necessarily a bad thing!
    I like how the ripples distort the chimney stacks.
    The sky is a little overcast but that's Ireland for you. Have you got a polariser?

It's a shame the top of the larger stack is cropped in the reflection and the lighthouse in line with it is a bit distracting. Perhaps a little too centered also?

It also works well if you rotate it 180 degrees, though that's a common enough trick that's not to everyone's taste.

It also looks ever so slightly not straight to my eye but I wouldn't trust that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The rotation also stood out at me too. This is the kind of photo that probably has a lot of hidden detail in the sky, I'd probably end up abusing it in camera raw and photoshop.

If it was me I'd think about replacing the sky in photoshop I think that's what makes it flat looking there's so much sky and not much happening in that part of the picture.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

have you considered cropping it to square and centering the chimneys?

i think the sky suits the shot, btw. it's not a shot which would benefit from a massively brooding sky.

Advertisement