Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archie's NFL/NCAA Log 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

As usual, NFL eats into my profit. From now on, no more NFL.

An early double for the weekend.

North Carolina @ Clemson (-10.5)
    Oklahoma State (-7) @ Missourri

Starting Bank: 50 pts

Preseason: -6.5
    Week 1: -10
    Week 2: +6.4
    Week 3: +30.4
    Week 4: -15
    Week 5: +20.8
    Week 6: +26.1
    Week 7: +3.9

NFL: -16
    NCAA: +73.5

Current Bank: 107.5
    Profit/Loss: +57.5 (+115%)

As stated above, the NFL is on hiatus for at least a fortnight as far as Im concerned :o

Houston -22
    Nebraska -24.5

Will add more with write ups on Friday once I have laptop access.

Probably my last 2 doubles.

Boise -29.5
    Alabama -29

Oregon -31
    Wisconsin -7

Edit: One more to bring it to 5 for the weekend. Won't be adding any more than that.

Arkansas -15.5
    Temple -13.5

Week 8: +12.2

NCAA: +85.7

Current Bank: 119.7
    Profit/Loss: +69.7 (+139%)

• Advertisement

Stanford -7.5 this weekend :eek:

$$$

10 unit single on Stanford -7.5 @ USC. Getting that one in nice and early.

Also adding doubles of:

Clemson -4
    Oregon -36.5

Stanford -7.5
    Oklahoma State -13.5

Oklahoma -13.5
    Houston -27

• Registered Users Posts: 54,323 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Any reason for stanford pick, cam?

Headshot wrote: »
    Any reason for stanford pick, cam?

This kid alone is worth -14.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqpbv09q0BUOXchimYRXSxDBZfrLGecLiRN33345RAqhEjk1BnEw

• Advertisement

Having taken a week off from
    NFL, I'm gonna double up on 2 teams who also took a week off so I can try clear that NFL betting deficit.

Patriots -3
    49ers -9

Last double of the weekend, going to add:

Virginia Tech (-15)
    Air Force (-30)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Cam Newton wrote: »
    Also adding doubles of:

Clemson -4
    Oregon -36.5

Stanford -7.5
    Oklahoma State -13.5

Oklahoma -13.5
    Houston -27

Sorry just are they the same team or is there 2 different Oklahoma teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Sorry just are they the same team or is there 2 different Oklahoma teams?

Two different sides - Oklahoma play Kansas St, Baylor play Oklahoma St.

10 units on Stanford -7.5 @ USC.

Clemson -4 @ Georgia Tech
    Washington State @ Oregon -36.5

Stanford -7.5 @ USC
    Baylor @ Oklahoma State -13.5

Oklahoma -13.5
    Houston -27

Virginia Tech -15 @ Duke
    Air Force -30 @ New Mexico

Michigan State +4.5 @ Nebraska
    Georgia vs Florida +3

Added one last bet with the two underdogs at the bottom. Looking forward to today's action :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Ya fluked it!

The luckiest, poxiest, jammiest cover I've ever had. Triple overtime, compulsory 2 point conversions kick in - was completely oblivious to the fact that the bet was still on. :

Week 9: +20.7

NCAA: +106.4

Current Bank: 140.4
    Profit/Loss: +90.4 (+181%)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

The luckiest, poxiest, jammiest cover I've ever had. Triple overtime, compulsory 2 point conversions kick in - was completely oblivious to the fact that the bet was still on. :

Week 9: +20.7

Current Bank: 140.4
    Profit/Loss: +90.4 (+181%)

Ya jammy Bastard haha. I stayed away because I fancied usc. Knew some people that had huge money on them to cover. Feel bad for them. They'd a few k on it.

Early lines

Houston -27.5
    USC -21

San Diego State -35.5
    Oregon -15.5

Edit: also going with the two Oklahomas.

Oklahoma -13.5
    Oklahoma State -21

Week 9: +15.7

NFL: -21

Current Bank: 135.4
    Profit/Loss: +85.4 (+171%)

As usual, the NFL lets me down again. I am officially not betting on that league again until the playoffs - no exceptions. I'd be over the 200% profit mark if it wasn't for it! Not too far off that now anyway, so hopefully I can edge over it this weekend in college football which is going very well this year.

Bets for the upcoming weekend:

Houston -27.5 @ UAB
    USC (-21) @ Colorado

This matchup pits an 8-0 offensive powerhouse against a crappy 1-7 conference opponent. UAB are struggling to score more than 2 scores a game, while the Case Keenum-powered Cougars are the highest scoring team in the country, averaging 52 points a game, 453 passing yards and 160 rushing yards. This should be a blowout along the lines of 56-14.

USC will be hurting after an overtime loss to Stanford, and while that would put them in a bad spot most weeks, luckily they play a crappy Colorado team who have lost all bar one game this year. That was only a 2 score victory over Colorado State, so unimpressive that I'm counting it as a loss. Worse teams than USC have won by more than 21, so I like an in-form Barkley to bounce back and win by at least 28.

New Mexico @ San Diego State (-35.5)
    Oregon (-15.5) @ Washington

New Mexico are possibly the worst team in college football, and they're travelling to face Ronnie Hillman, possibly the best all purpose back in college football. If San Diego State were playing any other team, I'd have myself committed to a mental institution to back them at such a high spread, but New Mexico are just awful. They're 0-8 this season, and have lost their last 3 games by 42, 69 and 42. The two games before that were closer, but they were against New Mexico State and Sam Houston State - who are also lolbad. Hillman should cover this by himself. 42-0.

Oregon meanwhile are on a crash course to pick themselves up after the opening weekend loss to LSU. They've been blowing teams out of the water ever since, averaging over 47 points a game. At Washington, I expect them to get to well above that mark this weekend as the Huskies defence is giving up a lot of points this year against poor teams. Top offences like Stanford and even Nebraska have put up 65 and 51 respectively, so Oregon could score at will and I don't expect the Huskies to keep up with them. Oh, and LaMichael James is healthy again. This should be about 58-28.

Kansas State @ Oklahoma State (-21)
    Texas A&M @ Oklahoma (-13.5)

The two Oklahoma's have served me well this year. Oklahoma State might just be the best offence in football, with one of the most reliable quarterbacks, the best wide receiver by far, and an under rated running game that has just got better and better with each game. They're the 2nd highest scoring team in the country with 50 points a game, and while their defence can give up scores, they make big plays and force a lot of turnovers. Kansas State got annihilated on their own turf by the Sooners last week, so the last thing they needed was to face a road trip to one of the only offences in the country actually better than the Sooners. This could get real ugly as Kansas State are finally getting exposed as a team that were very fortunate to go 7-0. I reckon 49-20.

Meanwhile, as mentioned, the Sooners are coming off of a big win. They needed to bounce back after the Texas Tech loss, and I think they showed last week that it was just a blip. Landry Jones is on fire, they are scoring at will, and I just don't see how a Texas A&M team who lost to Missouri in overtime last week can get up for a road game to Oklahoma. 52-31.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Only seeing this thread now, nibbling at NCAA a bit myself. Impressive winrate at it, especially considering it's lumped in with a heavy-ish NFL loss.

Will enjoy reading this back, gl with this week's picks, only one I'm on is the Oklahoma game where I've also opposed Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Followed you on this
    unledsxu.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

My betting noobish-ness comes into play here, but would I be right in saying that's just every possible 4-fold accumulator from the 6 picks?

If so, that's 15, yes? How many of those 15 would you need to win to make a profit on your 30 stake?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Yes thats it. 15 possibilities. If 1,2,3 and 4 win, the odds are 13.28, so I win 24.57. So if only 4 win, I'll be down €4...any more than that, it's all profit.

[IMG][/img]unledvv.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Tom_Newton - spread for San Diego State is very high, isn't a better option to make a bet for HT result than hoping that they won't slow down in 2nd half?

stingerro wrote: »
    Tom_Newton - spread for San Diego State is very high, isn't a better option to make a bet for HT result than hoping that they won't slow down in 2nd half?

New Mexico are that bad, believe me. This is their 4th road game this year - in the other three, they've score 3, 7 and 0 points respectively. Their opponents on the other hand have scored 52, 49 and 62 respectively in those games. They've also conceded 259, 338, and 264 rushing yards in those games, with a total of 17 touchdowns conceded from rushing alone. And none of those offences had a running back of the calibre of Ronnie Hillman. I think San Diego State will run up the score because they don't play Boise State for another fortnight and have nothing to pull their starters for (they only face Colorado State next week).

In Barkley we trust :)

Only downer is I left him on my bench in fantasy football :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

In Barkley we trust :)

Only downer is I left him on my bench in fantasy football :o

The 2 blocked field goals from short range were a bit of luck. Also deciding to go for it on 4th and 3 on their own 29 wit 1.55 to play. Colorado woulda scored against the scrubs had they turned it over on downs. Thought that was gonna be one of those moments of stupidity that ruins a cover.

Adding 2 more doubles for the day.

Stanford (-20.5) @ Oregon State
    South Carolina @ Arkansas (-5)

Oregon State have only come up against 1 decent QB this year, and Russell Wilson put up 35 on them. They're giving up 30 points a game, and Luck should have his way with this defence. Arkansas have an explosive offence, and while South Carolina's defence is very impressive, they won't be able to keep this Razorback offence at bay for the whole game. I don't trust Connor Shaw since stepping in for Stephen Garcia (I didn't trust him either) and he hasn't struck up any type of connection with Alshon Jeffery and this team is still missing Lattimore. I just love Arkansas' offence.

Arizona State (-8.5) @ UCLA
    Michigan (-4) @ Iowa

UCLA get blown out by any semi-decent team they face. They're being over rated because they actually got a win last week. Arizona State should roll over them. Iowa lost to Minnesota last week - a truly awful team, and one that Michigan beat up 58-0. How this translates to Michigan only being favoured by -4 here I'm not quite sure but I like -4 a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Kansas State @ Oklahoma State (-21)
    Texas A&M @ Oklahoma (-13.5)

Arizona State (-8.5) @ UCLA
    Michigan (-4) @ Iowa

On these for today, here's hoping :D

Michigan losing 17-6 now, boo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement