Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archie's NFL/NCAA Log 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Leeg17 wrote: »
    On these for today, here's hoping :D

Michigan losing 17-6 now, boo!

Damn it. Really need the Oklahoma double to come through!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,323 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any stream for this match Cam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Headshot wrote: »
    any stream for this match Cam?

Not that I know of man, would be a tough game to find one for on most days with both being unranked, but today I'd say most streams are showing the LSU - Alabama game. Only place I'd know to check would wiziwig or VIPbox but can't see anything there. Just sit back and watch the big one instead :)

Cam Newton wrote: »
    Just sit back and watch the big one instead :)

I'll be watching the gamecast of the Oklahoma State match, Oklahoma scraped the -13.5 thankfully. :)

Not that I know of man, would be a tough game to find one for on most days with both being unranked, but today I'd say most streams are showing the LSU - Alabama game. Only place I'd know to check would wiziwig or VIPbox but can't see anything there. Just sit back and watch the big one instead :)

Iv money on the other one thou

I followed ya on that handicap btw

• Advertisement

I'll be watching the gamecast of the Oklahoma State match, Oklahoma scraped the -13.5 thankfully. :)

Oklahoma State game is on regular ESPN btw, you could flick back and forth between plays :pac:

Hope that double comes in for you.
    Iv money on the other one thou

I followed ya on that handicap btw

Reckon you'll have trouble finding a stream for it - always had trouble finding San Diego State streams, so one against crappy opposition that happens to be kicking off at the same times as the biggest game of the century would be even harder to find! :o

just have to rely on flashscore then which is very slow to update matches

just have to rely on flashscore then which is very slow to update matches

Gamecast is your best friend in the absence of streams mate.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/gamecast?gameId=313090021

Oklahoma State game is on regular ESPN btw, you could flick back and forth between plays :pac:

Hope that double comes in for you.

Thanks, I need it after today's abominations :p

We don't have ESPN here, wouldn't be able to watch it anyways if we did.

End of 1st Q and only 7-0 San Diego

That's a bit poor, is it?

• Advertisement

End of 1st Q and only 7-0 San Diego

That's a bit poor, is it?

Plenty of time left. Another score or two before half time would be nice. I'd be surprised if New Mexico scored at all.

Plenty of time left.

I hope that's the case with Oklahoma state too, 14-10 and the first quarter isn't over yet. I hope you don't mind us clogging your log with chat!

I hope that's the case with Oklahoma state too, 14-10 and the first quarter isn't over yet. I hope you don't mind us clogging your log with chat!

You tend to get that with Oklahoma State. Their defence isn't great so they'll give up a good few points, but once they start making turnovers, the offence should take care of the rest. That one is going to be very high scoring!

ffs there goes my bet now

they'll never get that handicap

ffs there goes my bet now

they'll never get that handicap

They're up by 14, it's still early. Granted, it's going to be difficult for a team who primarily runs the ball to cover that spread now, but a couple of turnovers and anything could happen.

Damn Oklahoma, 34-31 at the time of posting this, can't see them pulling a further 19+ points :(

a **** it anyway

Well I've been very vocal the whole year about the system I'm using. I pick around 5 doubles a week to maximise my chance of making a profit, because 1 winning double will cancel out the losses from 2 losing doubles and still leave me with a slight profit. That's why I don't so singles, or just 1 or 2 doubles. Sorry for the losses you guys had, but it's probably best if you're following tips here, you follow them all as that's how my system is working and that's how I'm making profit. 2 of the 5 doubles have come in already, so whatever happens in the Oklahoma State game, I'm guaranteed a profit.

Well I've been very vocal the whole year about the system I'm using. I pick around 5 doubles a week to maximise my chance of making a profit, because 1 winning double will cancel out the losses from 2 losing doubles and still leave me with a slight profit. That's why I don't so singles, or just 1 or 2 doubles. Sorry for the losses you guys had, but it's probably best if you're following tips here, you follow them all as that's how my system is working and that's how I'm making profit. 2 of the 5 doubles have come in already, so whatever happens in the Oklahoma State game, I'm guaranteed a profit.

That's fair enough, if it works for you then who am I to say otherwise :)

The irony is that I had Oklahoma handicap as a single, then rang PP as I forgot to include Oklahoma State in the double >.<

Starting Bank: 50 pts

Preseason: -6.5
    Week 1: -10
    Week 2: +6.4
    Week 3: +30.4
    Week 4: -15
    Week 5: +20.8
    Week 6: +26.1
    Week 7: +3.9
    Week 8: +12.2
    Week 9: +15.7
    Week 10: +10.9

NFL: -21
    NCAA: +106.4

Current Bank: 146.3
    Profit/Loss: +96.3 (+193%)

Edging ever closer to that 200% profit - very happy to have turned a starting bank of 50 into a current bank of 146.3 after just 10 weeks :)

• Advertisement

I'm not a man of my word, I could help but have a flutter on the NFL. Going with two 2.5 doubles though instead of my standard 5 point doubles.

Browns @ Texans (-10.5)
    Falcons (-6.5) @ Colts

Packers (-5.5) @ Chargers
    Bengals (+2.5) @ Titans

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Great stuff man, if only I'd followed this time around rather than fluttering my cash away on the footie, I'd be a happy camper. Keep up the good work!

Starting Bank: 50 pts

Preseason: -6.5
    Week 1: -10
    Week 2: +6.4
    Week 3: +30.4
    Week 4: -15
    Week 5: +20.8
    Week 6: +26.1
    Week 7: +3.9
    Week 8: +12.2
    Week 9: +15.7
    Week 10: +24

NFL: -7.9
    NCAA: +106.4

Current Bank: 159.4
    Profit/Loss: +109.4 (+208%)

200% Profit Achieved!

displays3.jpg

:D

Delighted with that, 200% was a target I always had in mind to try hit by the end of the season, so to hit it not even 2/3 of the way into the season is brilliant...and I did it on an NFL bet too! Madness considering it's been my weak link this year. Oh well, I've now trebled my starting bank... New target? 300% here I come :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Well done mate, keep up the good work

Three doubles for the weekend ahead:

Baylor (-19.5)
    Clemson (-16.5)

Ohio State (-7.5)
    Virginia (-10)

Alabama (-17)
    Wisconsin (-26.5)

Will add one or two more before the weekend.

Arkansas -14
    Arizona -10.5

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Brilliant thread. Keep up the great work my man.

Locking on my last 2 doubles, bringing the total to 6. As the system goes, I only want 2 of them to win for a profit. Any more than that is just a bonus :)

Texas -1
    Michigan State -3

Michigan -/+ 0
    Patriots +2

Yes that last one is a mix and match, I only liked 1 NFL bet this weekend. That's it for this week, roll on Saturday. I'll do some write ups for the above 6 doubles on Friday evening.

Adding one more double, probably should have had it in the original six and sacrificed two of the above, but recent developments made it more appealing.

Nebraska -3.5
    Oregon +3.5

Penn State are dealing with the biggest scandal in college football history at the moment, their coach and president has been fired, riots on campus etc. Players would have spent all week rallying around their coach, can't see how their heads are in the right place considering this is the first time in 61 years Joe Paterno will not be affiliated with their team. Nebraska have a good enough offence to take advantage of that.

And Stanford's injuries keep mounting, I hadn't realised Owusu was out this weekend (probably should have figured given the severity of the hit he took, but I was waiting for news and forgot to check yesterday). Also, Oregon are still one of the best teams in the country, their only loss was to LSU who on the opening weekend who we now know are the number 1 team in the country. I think Oregon will win straight up, so I'll gladly take the safety net of them being able to lose by a field goal and still cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Fr Tierney

No beting up on PP for the Penn state game ????
    They must be waiting till closer to the off ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement