Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumbar puncture - unsuccessful...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Ah brilliant. Chuffed it went well.
    I do think the second time is easier ust cos you know what to expect re pain.

Stay lying down, drink loads of caffeine and take it easy x

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭val444

Six hours after the procedure, still feel fine! Well, like I was hit by a truck, but no splitting headache, not even as much backache as last week. really pleased.

Thank you all so much for your replies over the past week, it's been really helpful. If there is one piece of information I can get people to take away from my experience, it is that they should push to have the lp done under x ray guidance, and valium is your friend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

val444 wrote: »
    So its over! Not nearly as bad this time. I asked about sedation, doctor really wasn't going for it so i cried until she gave me a valium!

Deffo think lumbar punctures should be done under x ray guidance as standard. Although still unpleasant, it was much easier and successful!

No headache as of yet but it has only been two hours so fingers crossed!

Woo hoo!! Well done that's great news please please take care of yourself (I learnt the hard way I didn't rest enough!)

Advertisement