Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velux recall

• 25-07-2011 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Has this been covered on here before?

Has anyone else had this issue?

http://www.velux-pw.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

thanks, I didn't realise it was as widespread a problem.

This recall only came to my attention via a newspaper ad. Turns out that all my Velux panes needed replacing.
    In fairness, Velux responded promptly and sent on the replacements plus vouchers for installation costs. This is the bit I'm curious about and wasn't covered in the other thread. If I carry out the installation myself can I claim the costs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

i would imagine they would need an invoice
    or send there own fitters out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭heinbloed

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

Velux give the choice of A)recommending a fitter, or B) the customer can organise their own fitter. For B, Velux require an invioce for reimbursment.

However, I'm curious to know what happens if you want to install the panes yourself. I fitted the original windows myself and would be competent to do the refit, but I'm not self-employed and couldn't issue an invoice.

So, I'd be interested to know how others dealt with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

This hapened to my sister last year. Velux inside pane of glass just shattered all of a sudden. They glass was everywhere, it was her daughters room so was lucky she was not in bed.
    Velux just came out and replaced the glass for her.

Advertisement