Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Mullins car break ins

Options
  • 25-07-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

All,

My brother got married on Saturday near St Mullins. After the church, we went down by the river to take some photographs. We parked all the cars over past the Cafe sort of over as far as you can drive, before walking a little further to take the photos. Now foolishly, i guess everyone got caught up in the wedding moment my mother and sister, and one of the bridesmaid left their handbags in view in the car. An off duty cop came over and told us that 2 cars in the 'carpark' had had the side windows smashed. My mothers handbag had about 10 as of yet unopened wedding cards which probably had the bones of 1500 euro in it was nicked. Also had her license and few other things. My sister had her passport plus some cash. She is due to fly back to new zealand on wednesday so we have had to try get a new passport for her before then. Anyway, I just wanted to warn people to be careful down there as the cop who came out told us that some australian woman also had her car broken into in the same are last week.

The off duty cop said he didnt see anyone walking back past the cafe so we reckon they came down through the fields behind the carpark area. The photographer said he spotted a white hiace with a guy with red hair driving, circling the church twice earlier in the day when we were up there and apparently the same van followed us down to the river - we know this as he pulled out in front of the brides father in behind one of the other cars. Obviously cant say it was the guy in the hiace - but just be warned.

Also, in my mother always carried the mass card of her father and brother and losing them is the biggest deal for her as they cant be replaced. So if by any chance anyone walking a dog or anything spots them anywhere in the vicinity please let me know

Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jesus is nowhere safe? St Mullins is a backwater (in the nicest way!) with a tiny population. If people visit its to walk the river as a rule so this sort of thing is hardly good news. Sounds like some local "types" of a certain "sort" have twigged the potential for easy summer pickings.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

Only one thing for it,get your wife/girlfriend to drive you back there next Saturday.Leave empty camera cases,laptop bags,purses, etc. on display.Get your wife to walk down to the river, you wait in the boot of your car with a crowbar.The minute you hear the glass breaking.......attack and give the guy the beating of a lifetime.

P.S Don't forget to collect your wife/girlfriend before you leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

In April both churches in Glynn and St Mullins were broken into , and the thieves actually pulled down the tabernacle and robbed the chalices etc.

http://www.newrossstandard.ie/news/exorcists-chalice-is-found-2623629.html

Most unusual activity for a clost-knit community like this .

There are only three exit roads from this area , and it may be possible that someone can provide CCTV .

I don't believe it is locals .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

When I say locals I mean within 5-10 miles, people who know the spot.

Advertisement