Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lc results online

• 25-07-2011 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

on holidays the day the results are out, but are we suppose to get a password to get the results? i remember getting one for jc, but not this year?:eek:

any help tks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

You should've gotten the PIN from your school during the school year. Did anyone else in your class get their PIN? If not, perhaps the school will send it out during the summer or something, although that'd be the first time I ever heard of that happening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

jumpguy wrote: »
    You should've gotten the PIN from your school during the school year. Did anyone else in your class get their PIN? If not, perhaps the school will send it out during the summer or something, although that'd be the first time I ever heard of that happening...

not that i'm aware of, if the school didnt post it out at jc dunno why they would change it at lc, would it be abit careless putting them out in the post?, not sure, should i get onto he sec in couple of weeks?

Sunny!! wrote: »
    not that i'm aware of, if the school didnt post it out at jc dunno why they would change it at lc, would it be abit careless putting them out in the post?, not sure, should i get onto he sec in couple of weeks?
    It's odd, I'd say if you can ask some people in your class if they got the PIN (try to ask someone who wouldn't be the type that'd lose it and forget about it! :P) first.

If they didn't get a PIN, try the school (if, for some reason, it's open and someone's answering...), they should've gotten the forms with the PIN on them from the SEC. And if there's no answer there, try the SEC then.

no one said they got them, ill give the school a ring maybe in two weeks, its unusual, i couldnt see them sending it in the post, it be hard to get through to the school though now, ill give it a try, then ring the sec, bit of a worry:(

no one said they got them, ill give the school a ring maybe in two weeks, its unusual, i couldnt see them sending it in the post, it be hard to get through to the school though now, ill give it a try, then ring the sec, bit of a worry:(
    It's very strange alright, it'd be far easier to distribute them in the school. Worst-case scenario you'll either have to wait until you return to get your results or get somebody you trust to pick up your results (although I'm not sure if they'd be allowed).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Schools seem to be pretty careless with these forms tbh. Posts like this appear a few times every year.

Will you be away on results' day OP?

It's very strange alright, it'd be far easier to distribute them in the school. Worst-case scenario you'll either have to wait until you return to get your results or get somebody you trust to pick up your results (although I'm not sure if they'd be allowed).

i know what you mean, but ill give the school a ring anyway, surely they will be opened before the results are out, and i could go and collect the pin earlier before i go away, if that fails ill try the sec, but that mighnt be the best over confidentiality etc

dambarude wrote: »
    Schools seem to be pretty careless with these forms tbh. Posts like this appear a few times every year.

Will you be away on results' day OP?

yes unfortunately:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

They can, I know of parents picking up the results and then just giving them over the phone!

There should have been a letter sent to the school. See if you can get the number of your principal or careers teacher and ask them. The SEC website isn't much help, it just says to contact your school, although it does give a number for external students to ring if they lose theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

not that i'm aware of, if the school didnt post it out at jc dunno why they would change it at lc
    Slightly different, you were back in the school for the new academic year when your JC results came out. :)

Contact your school.

Some schools hand them out during the exams (then half the students lose them); some post them out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I've a feeling the SEC won't be able to give you a PIN. It's more likely than not that the forms are left in your school and that the exam organiser never game them out.

I can't see any problem with parents or a near relative getting your results if it's arranged beforehand (or if they're known to the secretary/principal).

They can, I know of parents picking up the results and then just giving them over the phone!

There should have been a letter sent to the school. See if you can get the number of your principal or careers teacher and ask them. The SEC website isn't much help, it just says to contact your school, although it does give a number for external students to ring if they lose theirs.

yes ill contact the school, its very annoying:(, will they be posted to the cao like a week later?

Slightly different, you were back in the school for the new academic year when your JC results came out. :)

Contact your school.

Some schools hand them out during the exams (then half the students lose them); some post them out.

we got them the summer during the jc though:confused:, maybe there sent out during summer, i just asked another person there and they didnt get it either

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭augmented reality

I'm here for the results but am leaving the day after so I'll be away for the cao choices, I presume I won't have any problems as it's all online will I?
    Is there anything I need to do apart from remembering the time difference:o

I'm here for the results but am leaving the day after so I'll be away for the cao choices, I presume I won't have any problems as it's all online will I?
    Is there anything I need to do apart from remembering the time difference:o

Nope, as long as you have your CAO number and password, and do it when you're thinking clear! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭augmented reality

Nope, as long as you have your CAO number and password, and do it when you're thinking clear! :P

Thanks!
    Hopefully I'll be over the jet lag at that stage:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Not going to start a new thread for this and so I think here will do but I'm hoping to go to Scotland for university. If I get the grades (touch wood) I'll obviously need to give a copy of the results to the university, which would need to be done quickly because of campus accommodation. Would it be ok to give the admissions officer my PIN so they can get the results on line, which would probably be the quickest way?

Not going to start a new thread for this and so I think here will do but I'm hoping to go to Scotland for university. If I get the grades (touch wood) I'll obviously need to give a copy of the results to the university, which would need to be done quickly because of campus accommodation. Would it be ok to give the admissions officer my PIN so they can get the results on line, which would probably be the quickest way?

when do they have to be sent over by?

when do they have to be sent over by?

As soon as possible once they come out.

As soon as possible once they come out.

im not sure would it be ethical to take your pin, open to correction, but if you get the results online you wont get a statement, or will the school sent out one

• Advertisement

im not sure would it be ethical to take your pin, open to correction, but if you get the results online you wont get a statement, or will the school sent out one

I don't think the uni needs a paper version of my results as long as they see a official copy of them?

Probably a question that'd be more quickly and accurately answered by emailing the admissions crowd there. :)

Probably a question that'd be more quickly and accurately answered by emailing the admissions crowd there. :)

Effort of that! :p

Thanks though!

yes probarly best thing to do, but i dont think theyd just take your pin if you know where im coming from:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Effort of that! :p

Thanks though!
    Tough! :p

Seriously, though, I agree with Sunny!!, I doubt they will be happy to log in to someone's account on their PIN; it's somewhat unethical. Worth asking, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Is this 'pin' different to what I had to use to do my CAO online?

AdamD wrote: »
    Is this 'pin' different to what I had to use to do my CAO online?

Yes, the PIN (which is assigned to you) is used along with your exam number to get your results online after they come out. Your CAO number and password (which you would have chosen yourself) are used for the CAO website.

Advertisement