Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Submitting work to magazines

• 25-07-2011 9:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭

Does anyone know any online irish magazines that take submissions? Or a good place to look some up?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

What sort of images?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭veryrandom

Predominantly fashion, wedding or portrait images but I can branch out into landscape, journalism images too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Stick to one/two types.. you'll get much better at it and have more success. Unless of course your already very good at all those types of photography.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

For magazine details, google is your friend. Also have a look in Easons and make a not of the contact details of the magazines that you are interested in approaching?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you mentioned online magazines - do you mean print mags with an online presence, or just online mags?
    there aren't too many online mags that i know of...

• Advertisement

Yeah i have just started to realize that! So ill change that to print and online magazines.
    Thanks for the info anyway, i do specialize in fashion portrait and wedding photography so i think your right and it would be better to stick to those.
    I'm not looking to immediately make money or get paid but just really get the opportunity to get some work published in a little magazine or two somewhere :) Boost the profile and whatnot...
    Also, this is going to sound ridiculous, is there anything stopping me contacting UK magazines? Due to like me being in Ireland...

Anyway thanks for all the info so far!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

veryrandom wrote: »
    I'm not looking to immediately make money or get paid but just really get the opportunity to get some work published in a little magazine or two somewhere :) Boost the profile and whatnot...
    you will be judged primarily on the strength of your photographs and not on who has published you previously.
    if you work for free, you're undermining the very model you hope to make money on in future.

Ok, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cindys

God bless you on your endeavors and future plans especially with your photography career.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Seriously cindy...

• Advertisement
Advertisement