Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commodore 1541-II Power Supply

• 25-07-2011 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Love my commodore 64, and stumbled across a great find of old C64 game Disks the other week. Never had these as a kid, so I deceided to give it a go.

I bought a 1541 online, took a chance to see if I could repair it, cant, so I bought another C64 bundle the other day and it came with a 1541-II drive, but without a power supply:( I am mad to try these games and its bugging me big time, like a torn in my side,that I cant. I cannot rest until I try these, ye guys know the feeling:pac:

Am I right in saying that a generic PSU will work with a molex connector?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Do you have an psu with the dead one? :confused:

Either way theres an guide to adapt an pc psu - http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/documents/projects/drives/1541-II-PC.txt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

thanks Geese_Howard,

I have a 1541, not working with PSU and I now have a 1541-II untested, and without PSU:-)

I will have a look at that guide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The 1541 MK1 was notorious for problems. If you initialise it a couple of times it can alieviate them. I had an action replay cart, and would bang in the @i command over and over again, then it would work fine.

Advertisement