Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching VGA to DVI on HP Proliant Server

• 25-07-2011 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

I have a new HP Proliant Server, which I want to connect to my KVM switch which is DVI only. The video output on the Proliant is VGA only.

I purchase a VGA to DVI converter yesterday and have just finished connecting it up. But I am not getting any video signal at all. I really don't want to setup another monitor in my small cramped home office, but would like instead, to connect to my single monitor that I have every other PC connected to.

Any ideas please?

Rgds,

D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Set it up as a headless unit and use rdp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Set it up as a headless unit and use rdp.

Good idea - thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

sometimes ,you need to be able to see logs or boot screen or "unwanted" blue scenarios on the server local screen.
    i was in same situation like you and i looked at usb2vga/dvi adapters...never finalised the project but i might want to do it later on.

Advertisement