Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVO Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Evo is double-elimination ALL the way, with pools losses counted.
    Holy crap that is tough.

ALL the way?

How is that pools?

Isn't that just a 1000+ person bracket tournament?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

ALL the way?

How is that pools?

2 people qualify from each pool, one in winners and one in losers.

Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

ALL the way?

How is that pools?

Essentially, yes. The players are seperated into pools simply to make things more manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

So the stream starts at 4pm on Friday.

Well, that's if they start streaming from Vegas at 8 in the morning as the schedule suggests.

I'm now trying to work out when I will sleep over the weekend so as to maximise my stream enjoyment.

Schedule here for those curious http://bit.ly/qUCbbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Speed Boat wrote: »
    So the stream starts at 4pm on Friday.

Well, that's if they start streaming from Vegas at 8 in the morning as the schedule suggests.

I'm now trying to work out when I will sleep over the weekend so as to maximise my stream enjoyment.

Schedule here for those curious http://bit.ly/qUCbbL

So much I want to watch sensibilities say catch most on YouTube though. :(

Anywhere streaming the panel stuff. Also, a couple of streams will have their on salty suites! Good times ahead.WC has to win Marvel team exhibition or else the LA v San Diego showdown is pointless! :)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

2 of our 4 soon to be Evo champions have given us deep and disturbing insights into their history over at streetfighter.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Orim is in Pool 23: Gootecks, Xian, Kahikusu
    Stev0 is in Pool 46: Lamerboi, PR Balrog, Starnab, Gackt, DS
    Chopper is in Pool 68: Marlin Pie, Coungster Dragon Ball Joseph, Shglbmx

Correct?

And the other 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

Orim is in Pool 23: Gootecks, Xian, Kahikusu
    Stev0 is in Pool 46: Lamerboi, PR Balrog, Starnab, Gackt, DS
    Chopper is in Pool 68: Marlin Pie, Coungster Dragon Ball Joseph, Shglbmx

Correct?

And the other 2?

sheesh... pool 46 looks rough:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ogiekeaney wrote: »
    sheesh... pool 46 looks rough:(

Yeah, I pity those poor sods having to deal with Stev0.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Yeah, I pity those poor sods having to deal with Stev0.

I'd say the matchups of those players are all slightly in his favour. I know they're great players but from the videos i've seen so is stevo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

aeonfusion wrote: »
    I'd say the matchups of those players are all slightly in his favour.

Guile, balrog and fei? Not really

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

balrog honda is even, first hit wins. fei will be rough but stevo says he likes the matchup, we'll see~ guile will be annoying too.

I always thought HHS gave the edge to honda slightly in the rog match and the fei match was also slightly in his favor but highly dependant on good meter usage. I know the guile matchup is a fecker but as far as i know he's swapped from guile to deejay, who he'll use at evo is anyones guess and i've no idea what the honda v deejay match is like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 J4Yx2

Can't wait to meet you Irish guys at EVO <3 =]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

J4Yx2 wrote: »
    Can't wait to meet you Irish guys at EVO <3 =]

Two of us are probably the whitest guys you've ever seen so we should be easy to spot :P

We've arrived. We're tired. That was a long flight. I've done my best to remain hype but it was hard. Vegas does live up to expectations though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

My jealousy is intensifying at a steady rate.

Jay Jay, if you're looking for the irish, orim and chopper have interviews half way down the front page of http://streetfighter.ie should make spotting them easier.

Anyone heading out after Day of champions on Sat? i'll probably be staying in dublin for the weekend with some friends and will be looking to get polluted... so I can wake up just in time for the evo finals get together..

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

dan, does your roaming work here? If not, PM me and we can organise when to meet up or whatever (or if you reckon you'll just be sticking around at the hotel tomorrow, PM me your room number and I can just come up sometime in the afternoon). I'm down for casuals/warmup/practice sessions tomorrow.
    I always thought HHS gave the edge to honda slightly
    he has to get in to do that first, and if they try to jump too much/predictably, balrog has one of the most braindead/easiest AA's to do. both jab straight/jab headbutt are unpunishable by the other so it's basically mindgames/whoever is more solid that'll win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 J4Yx2

Orim wrote: »
    Two of us are probably the whitest guys you've ever seen so we should be easy to spot :P

We've arrived. We're tired. That was a long flight. I've done my best to remain hype but it was hard. Vegas does live up to expectations though.

I arrive tomorrow afternoon~! Na I lived in Scotland and England..I've seen some pretty white guys =P If any of you want to meet up for drinks or food hit me up. I'm pretty much at Evo to just meet up with hella 3rd strike guys, help with some panels, and play games =P I'll be dressed as alt color black Chun Li all friday. Give me a shout =D

I think Thursday night I'll be getting dinner with some Australians from Shadowloo.com and then the Insert Coins Pre Evo party afterwards... I think =]

• Advertisement

aeonfusion wrote: »
    i've no idea what the honda v deejay match is like

I think when I was playing Stevo he said he didn't like the match-up, and I'm pretty terrible.

I believe it was because Deejay LK upkicks completely nullifying butt splash cross-ups/wake-up pressure.

That was in Super; in AE LK Upkicks got more damage and more invincibility.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Man, I am so regretting not getting time off now... Rassum.

Orim could do the double on international Cross Counter.......or at least get in Gootecks face so you're featured in an ep. :D

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

What's the time difference between here and Vegas?

7 or 8 hours depending on DST...DST is so unbelievably confusing...it's just gone 4am there now so yea 8 hours.

CrossCounter streaming some casuals: http://www.twitch.tv/crosscountertv?#/w/1536426544

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Konata wrote: »
    What's the time difference between here and Vegas?
    8 hours.
    Orim wrote: »
    Two of us are probably the whitest guys you've ever seen so we should be easy to spot

orim.pngchopper.png

Aw, isn't that adorable. Chopper's giving Orim a thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

So I take it the stream starts at 4pm our time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

So then... Am I right in saying this is another EVO without Alioune?

What's the general consensus on who has a proper shot at winning this (AE that is)? Realistically we'd all like to see one of the Irish guys win. :D

Who I'd like to see win this: Mike Ross, Combofiend, PR_Rog

Who I think will win this: Daigo, Poongko, maybe Tokido?

Would be interested to hear who other posters think has a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

So then... Am I right in saying this is another EVO without Alioune?

What's the general consensus on who has a proper shot at winning this (AE that is)? Realistically we'd all like to see one of the Irish guys win. :D

Who I'd like to see win this: Mike Ross, Combofiend, PR_Rog

Who I think will win this: Daigo, Poongko, maybe Tokido?

Would be interested to hear who other posters think has a shot.

Tokido has a good shot for sure......but I would class poongko as a very outside bet. He does alot of unsafe stuff that will see him punished at the very top level. Top 8 seems more his level.

And just to confirm...... its an eight hour difference right? so that means a 4pm start for us?

Advertisement