Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVO Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

JWong destroying on the MK stream now.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Poongko gettin' in that ass on AE stream.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I don't think he's going to far. He was all over that vega but the health made him suffer.

I think if starts to play a little safer we'll be seeing him on Sunday.

Neeknak wrote: »
    I think if starts to play a little safer we'll be seeing him on Sunday.

I don't think he knows how :D

• Advertisement

I don't think he knows how :D

True. The man's a fan of uncancelled DPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

poongko will adjust if he feels they're a threat. he didn't get amazing purely on aggression.

chopper is also out 0-2 so my tweeting will be relatively sparse (can only get wifi outside of the convention hall)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Kayopolice is looking well, nice costume!

Ackbar.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭spacenugget

Finally a Guy and he gets blow up by momochis Yun :'(

this makes me a sad panda

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

May be a stupid question, but is this the real fake_roogle in Pool 73 (loser's bracket): http://www.gytnews.com/articles/live-coverage/evolution-2011-updates.html

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

no

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It's the fake real_roogle.

My head hurts

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

This EVO needs more Dive Kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Justin Wong's Rufus is too sick.

Kinda makes me wanna learn Rufus again...

I fell into a drunken sleep before 1am and woke up in awesome match land :D

Shiro's a nutcase. Damn.

edit: Instead of a bunch of consecutive posts, I'll edit this one for the time being. Justin Wong taken out by DR Ray in quite a convincing fashion. I wanted to see that but didn't expect it.

2: Daigo just annihilated Tokido. Badly.

3: When Poongko's in full swing he's a joy to watch.

4: Wolfkrone got bullied by Fuudo. Americanless top 8 still could happen. I think.

5: Wolfkrone takes out Mago. I'd find it easier to root for Krone if he didn't appear to have the personality of a brick wall.

6: Sunday's gonna be splendid. Bring on the salty suite and Marvel this evening. I've just realised I'm talking to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Geckolimus

Neeknak wrote: »
    Shiro's a nutcase. Damn.

edit: Instead of a bunch of consecutive posts, I'll edit this one for the time being. Justin Wong taken out by DR Ray in quite a convincing fashion. I wanted to see that but didn't expect it.

2: Daigo just annihilated Tokido. Badly.

3: When Poongko's in full swing he's a joy to watch.

4: Wolfkrone got bullied by Fuudo. Americanless top 8 still could happen. I think.

5: Wolfkrone takes out Mago. I'd find it easier to root for Krone if he didn't appear to have the personality of a brick wall.

6: Sunday's gonna be splendid. Bring on the salty suite and Marvel this evening. I've just realised I'm talking to myself.

Just watched the stream too. Very interesting. Too bad no more eurpean reps like Starnab after I woke up :(
    And Wolfkrone taking out Mago is unexpected for me. Mago looks like one major contender to take on Daigo. Without him, looks like Daigo is gonna clinch the title again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Went to bed at a respectable time and missed everything...Not sure how I feel about SSF4:AE top 8 - dunno if there's anyone I would like to see take it. Maybe poongko. Tokido perhaps.......Probably Flash Metroid, but I doubt he'll be around much longer.

Mortal Kombat 9
    Winners Bracket

Chris G
    JOP
    Perfect Legend
    Denzell Terry

Losers Bracket
    16-bit
    OnlineTony213
    ATL Redd
    REO

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
    Winners Bracket

Daigo Umehara (Yun)
    Poongko (Seth)
    Latif (C. Viper)
    Fuudo (Fei Long)

Losers Bracket
    Flash Metroid (Zangief, C. Viper)
    Kindevu (Yun)
    Wolfkrone (C. Viper)
    Tokido (Akuma)

🤪

Geckolimus wrote: »
    Just watched the stream too. Very interesting. Too bad no more eurpean reps like Starnab after I woke up :(
    And Wolfkrone taking out Mago is unexpected for me. Mago looks like one major contender to take on Daigo. Without him, looks like Daigo is gonna clinch the title again.

I agree, I really didn't expect Wolfkrone to win that after the beating Fuudo handed him before in his previous match. Daigo's been my pick for the winner since Nor Cal regionals but the match between him and Poongko's gonna be downright sweet. I'd kinda like to see Poongko take the whole thing. Had to laugh at him emptying his pockets and ripping his belt of before one of his matches.

Gonna be really interested to see how the Japanese fare in MvC3 later today.

• Advertisement

Gootecks is drunk on after hours stream commentary. Pretty funny too.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Judging by twitter this morning I seemed to have missed a very hype battle to make it to top 8.

I'm forgoing sleep to catch all the marvel hype tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Think I'm mostly caught up this morning. Top 8 is an interesting bunch, and the 3 picks I had to win it are all still there (unfortunately :(). I would have loved to see Combofiend in top 8, oh well. Now I really hope he wins MvC3. My predictions for that are him, Viscant and Wong in top 8.

Does anyone have a link to top 32? Or even a list of who went out where? I'd like to know how early Mike Ross went out, who knocked out Starnab, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Does anyone have a link to top 32? Or even a list of who went out where? I'd like to know how early Mike Ross went out, who knocked out Starnab, etc.

There is a top 32 Battle report here : http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/29/evo-2011-live-stream-team-sp00ky-x-iplaywinner/

Unfortunately, Mike Ross was eliminated pre top 32 but I can't remember by whom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

MvC3 and BB pools are today:

MvC
    ChopperByrne : Pool 2: 4pm
    Orim: Pool 39 : 8pm

BB
    ChopperByrne : Pool 6 : 6pm

...can't remember what Stev0's name is, so I can't check his pools :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Fell asleep with this on top 16 and woke to poongko tearing apart the salty room

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Watched most of the stream but passed out around 6. One of the best streams ive watched and i have to say the fight between diago and alex in winners pools was my pick so far, pity he didnt make it into top 8 for a rematch. My moneys on diago but the heart is hoping for poongko or flash. Bring on sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Also my brother does not really follow e sports and he is watching even. He finds Seth killian hilarious

"do horses sweat cause I want to say in sweating like a horse"

"Look at him baring his teeth like a swan....... Do swan have teeth???? Actually I don't want to know"

Why is he never like this on other streams/interviews????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Starnab got knocked out by Juicebox who was using Juri at the time( the fact I was rooting for Juicebox caused me a bit of grief in the irc )

Mike Ross was knocked out in 1/4 finals by Cj Truth, who was then later knocked out by Juicebox but not before making top 32.

Diago is the only top 8er who was also top 8 last year as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

what time are finals on for AE?
    says 7pm, were 8 hours ahead? so is that late night again?

Advertisement