Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVO Discussion

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Was poongko really just that crazy or is there some DP os tech he was using?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Kirby wrote: »
    ppl have been talking bout him since vanilla when he mained ryu........

were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Was poongko really just that crazy or is there some DP os tech he was using?

Nope, just crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Placebo wrote: »
    were you?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Good interview with fuudo before the final

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u_DemfpM0Q&feature=feedu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Placebo wrote: »
    were you?
    Oh, how short your attention spans are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

mk9 top 8 matches were godlike :eek::eek::eek:,screw people who said this game was going to die, FLAWLESS VICTORY!!! (wish a kl player didnt win though,i wanted reo to win)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

lol was watching a random video and saw Silver Steez.....not sure if you guys know him but hes a cork player..... hes getting his stick signed by daigo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 HandiCapanda

@ Doom

Seth can OS his srk so that if the first one is blocked an fadc will come out instead of the second srk.

He is crazy but his so called yomi shoryu's werent unsafe mashes (for the most part)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

VizardAnto wrote: »
    lol was watching a random video and saw Silver Steez.....not sure if you guys know him but hes a cork player..... hes getting his stick signed by daigo

OMG THE MEETING OF THE 2 BEASTS! SICK!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

@ Doom

Seth can OS his srk so that if the first one is blocked an fadc will come out instead of the second srk.

He is crazy but his so called yomi shoryu's werent unsafe mashes (for the most part)

Theres plenty of times where he dp's without meter for the fadc

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

AE AND MVC3 WERE AWESOME.

glad former blanka player viscant won mvc3.......he was using pheonix though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

MK9 finals were indeed awesome. Watched them with a friend of mine who doesn't really play fighting games at all and he loved every minute of it.

I was a bit disappointed with the 3rd strike exhibition so I went to sleep while that and Marvel were on. Managed to wake up again for AE and I'm glad I did! What a shocker! Latif was the real winner there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 HandiCapanda

Lol like i didnt notice, but also plenty of times when he did have meter. Regardless he makes some of the best reads in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

That's a retarded os, how is it inputted?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Man that's dumb. Anyway yeah Gory's right, he's always doing it without meter, or from too far away to FADC it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Great Top 8s for AE and Marvel. Thanks to Burning Eclipse who sent me a link for the full thing so that was my breakfast TV (I was sensible!).

Fantastic matches. Final was too much for Latif - he had played three finals in a row essentially. Poongko was amazing, but should have played more sensibly - Three Ultras ruined his EVO experience (damn you Seth's health bar!). So much pressure on Daigo each time he takes to any stage - hit DP at the wrong times...

Marvel was really good - certainly more enjoyable to watch than play. I do like seeing Phoenix on teams - changes dynamics of matches and it's great to see the tactics people employ to beat her. Disappointed for Combofiend - his match vs Champ was strange...It's like his teammate didn't want to hit a button. Great for Viscant - really enjoyed his stuff on Cross Counter and from Wednesday Night Fight performances. Haggar is essentially his Iron Man - an assist, but more a defensive one than one to extend combos - interesting to see. I wonder if he'll take up an actual third.

tl;dr - Great EVO!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Just caught up with mvc3.

Sad Clockw0rk didn't make top 8, and at combofeind finishing outside the top 3.

Viscant was a worthy winner. Amazed Pr Rog made it so far but he was playing quite well in the finals.

Advertisement