Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most people think im gay!!

• 25-07-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

The other night a girl came up to me at a festival and told me she thought i was gorgeous. I returned the compliment and we danced and chatted for a while. When i went to kiss her she actually informed me that she was a lesbian but told me she also thought that i was gay and thus why she said i was gorgeous straight out ! Funny situation i know, but its not really anything new..
    My friends always joke about me being gay even though i know through and through im not. I admit i act a bit camp sometimes but its kindov just the way i feel comfortable. Do people think i should change my whole image and persona so to not scare off women?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

Maybe you have an air of panache - look neat, tidy, trendy, handsome etc

I often hear girls say 'that guy is so good looming, he must be gay' so there ya go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

you won't scare off women..ive been asked if i was gay before...many times, but it never stopped me from getting the girl... if a girl is into you (really into you), she'll just ask you if you are straight and thats it...loads of girls love guys with non 'manly' mannerisms...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TwoBirds

I can imagine that must be annoying and frustrating, but it's not the be all and end all - and not everyone will get that perception! I have a male friend whom everyone, and I mean everyone was certain was gay - even his closest friends were sure he would come out some day. But, lo and behold, he's now going out with a stunner (lady, ofc!). Either she doesn't see the 'gay' thing, or she doesn't care. Some girls like guys who aren't macho meatheads and are more effeminate (not saying you are :)), it makes them more relaxed around you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There was a similar thread on here a while back on the same topic where a guy said everyone thought he was gay, ill have a look later to see can i find it, i wrote a long reply on it

alot of people think im gay also and for ages it realy bothered me, to a point where it was driving me mad, ive always been flamboyant, love to take care of myself, im always well groomed and this is what made people think i was gay

after a while i just realised it was alot of very old fashioned people set in there ways thinking things like "he's wearing a pink shirt he must be gay" judging me because of how i look and act, when i realised this it didnt bother me any more

i was then and still am compleatly sure of my sexuality, and my girlfriend is certain im not gay :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Distorted

It so often seems to be that good looking men are gay - us women comment on it all the time. Or the good looking guys that are not gay are total players and only after the one thing. Therefore a good looking guy with nice manners almost seems too good to be true and therefore some women who have encountered such men before who have been gay might just assume you are gay without really looking for any other signs.

Pretty much ALL the really good looking guys I know are gay, except for one - and he is rapidly becoming a player and so you would avoid him.
    Do people think i should change my whole image and persona so to not scare off women?

You sound as though you're doing quite the opposite, so I wouldn't change it! Guys like you are rare, so just stay the way you are!

Only worry about it if you are constantly having men coming onto you perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 recentlybigl

Guys youve all made me feel so good! and for that i truely thank you yee ledgends!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Dont mind em OP just keep being yourself,plus I know a fella who you would swear was gay yet he gets all the wimminz coz they "love the ghey":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I'm ugly as sin and everyone thinks I'm gay. Thought things were going swimmingly a few months back, flirting with a pretty lady, then she introduces me to her brother who I'll "Just love." He was nice, but there was too much penis going on.

I'm inclined to agree with the "Whatever" crowd. Some people might think you're gay, but then some people will think "There's a dude who takes care of himself" because apparently all gay men are neat freaks or something, I dunno how this **** works.

Advertisement