Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice Needed

• 25-07-2011 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Started cycling bout 5 weeks ago and have it in my head to attempt the Kilkenny 160km.. longest spin has been 100km @ 30kph.. Dunno if this is good or bad. Last week i managed approx 340km and between 240/280 the previous weeks.. Biggest climb was bout 1200..Dunno should i hold off till Sept and do An Post in Blarney..Is my long spin too short for the 160k.. Most spins avg 28/34kph....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

was the 100km at 30kph on your own? If so, that's very good. You should be well able for the 160km. Prior to doing my first Wicklow 200, the furthest i'd cycled was about 140km (the weekend before). It'll be easier to get the longer distance too if you get into a group during the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 New2cycle

Yes most of my training is on my own.. But sometimes my brother tags along but he prefers to cut off at bout 50km. The 100km was on my own and took in a few hills.. I have a 60k route which takes in 6 climbs around the Ballahoura Mt. Tough but rewarding.. I'll throw my name in the hat for Kilkeeny. Think the route follows the same as 110km till a food stop so i can escape at this pt if i feel out of my depth. The C4SC club are allowing me start out with them so happy days.
    What Food etc would be required.. Have done a few marathons but never used gels or isotonic drinks. Water miwadi some salt n sugar mixed is what i used bring. Also some redbull mixed with water when the wall looms.. Tks again

• Registered Users Posts: 21 New2cycle

Finished the century ride with the last few miles a struggle, but Naas Cycling club were on hand to help me home, Ride completed in just under 6 hrs... Delighted to have it done now i can concentrate on becoming a faster rider..

Advertisement