Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy biker jacket

• 25-07-2011 11:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭

Howdy, was given an old bike and would like to buy a black genuine biker jacket, particularly the ones with the criss cross padding on the upper arms/ shoulders, anybody know where to get these jackets

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Any bike shop. Where are you based?

You'll need boots, trousers, gloves and a decent helmet too.
    You'll also need lessons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Any bike shop. Where are you based?

You'll need boots, trousers, gloves and a decent helmet too.
    You'll also need lessons.

Based in Dublin, glasnevin, work sth side so anywhere is handy really, any good shops with a lot of stock etc? I know how to ride :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Sacred_git wrote: »
    Based in Dublin, glasnevin, work sth side so anywhere is handy really, any good shops with a lot of stock etc?
    Cotters seem to be the ones most recommended on here, never been there personally. Link to their site: http://www.cottermc.com/webshop/
    I know how to ride :)
    Sound, thought you were a beginner. If you've been off bikes a few years I'd still recommend a lesson though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Howdy, was given an old bike and would like to buy a black genuine biker jacket, particularly the ones with the criss cross padding on the upper arms/ shoulders, anybody know where to get these jackets

Cheers

I guessin youre looking for a Lewis jacket...best modelled by The Ramones..:o

Theyre a little dearer than when I had one though....

http://www.lewisleathers.com/productinfo.html?code=jak-438

If you go to the Classic bike show in Stafford in Oct. ,theres a guy there who sells secondhand ones for a fraction of the price of a new onw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Theres a shop in one of the industrial estates in walkinstown. Western Parkway? They only do bike clothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Theres a shop in one of the industrial estates in walkinstown. Western Parkway? They only do bike clothing.

Is that not Cotters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭DarrenCroker

Del2005 wrote: »
    Is that not Cotters?

Cotters not in ballymount?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Buy online, far cheaper, especially helmets.

Cotters not in ballymount?

Could be ballymount too. Not far from the Walkinstown roundabout. Western Parkway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭DarrenCroker

Could be ballymount too. Not far from the Walkinstown roundabout. Western Parkway?
    Ye i think so.
    http://www.cottermc.com/webshop/index.php?main_page=about_us theres a video on that page on how to get there

• Advertisement

Yup, thats the spot.

Love the video directions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Cheers

This to me is more of a "Heavy Metal" jacket than a biker jacket, I had one many moons ago!

Used to be a shop on the 3rd floor of Stephens Green Shopping Centre that did these, not too sure if it's still there though

Advertisement